background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Beds

On Tuesday when I took Weston to eleven year old scouts, I ran over to Sams to get a few things that I needed. While I was there, I noticed that they had put these beautiful bunk bed on sale. (Like a really good sale because there were just a few left.) We had been looking for a bed for Aaron because Evan had grown out of his crib (ie: he climbs out of it and doesn't stay put!) and we wanted to pass Aaron's race car toddler bed on over to Evan. When I saw these bunk beds on sale at such a good price, Barth and I decided that we would go ahead and get them. After work on Thursday night, I headed over to find that only the display was left and it was even cheaper than it was on Tuesday!! SCORE!!!!! I paid for it and got mattresses but they needed to take them apart. I went back last night to pick up the beds and then today I worked putting them together. Since we got the 2 twin beds and had mattresses for them, we decided to skip the toddler bed all together and just put both boys in the big beds. :) Evan and Amber helped me all afternoon. I took down the crib and toddler bed and then assembled the beds. Hours later, they were done and lovely!!! I will have to take another picture tomorrow when the sun is not steaming in the window and making the light all funny!

Aaron loved his new bed!!!

And Evan did too!!! :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

HOW PERFECT!!!! they look very nice;) And I love how Bunk beds comes with the rail so you don't have to worry about getting any other toddler bar;) That what we use on Liam's now too...the bunk bed rail. And your so amazing that you put them together!

Debi said...

Wow! The room looks so different with the new beds. I love them. Can't wait to see a better picture, though. The kids look very sweet posing in their new beds. Did you find the mattres covers and get them on the beds?

Melissa said...

We love bargains! :) I'm so glad you were able to find such nice beds...and everyone is able to have "grown-up" beds now! :) They look great! You're so smart to be able to put them together! :)

Debi said...

Hi, I was just checking to see if you'd posted another picture. :) Love you.

sewingstacey said...

Evan is SOOOOO big now!! His hair is darling.

Shelly's Space said...

Those are really nice beds! Looks like they will have many fun nights in them....think of all the tents they can make....hee hee!

Debi said...

It's about time to make a new blog but I must say I love looking at Aaron and Evan in their beds. :) They are so cute....