background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweet Little Claire

For my birthday, Barth arranged for me to take a trip to see my newest little niece that was due on August 30th! I left Cincinnati on Thursday Sept. 8th around 2 and got into Dallas at 3:30 their time. As it turned out, Melissa was being induced that day and still hadn't had her baby!! :) I got there just in time for everything to happen!!! After laboring for 20 hours naturally, and then getting an epidural and laboring some more, at just before 11pm, they decided that she needed a c-section. My sisters-in-law came up for the birth and we had a fun time hanging out in the hallway waiting to see that sweet little baby girl!!!!
Austin came out with baby Claire right after she was born to show her off and to let us know that she was 8 lbs, 13 oz!! :) She was as pretty as a picture!!! I was so excited to be there when she was so new and fresh from heaven!
We finally got to go into Melissa's room after a while and Momma got to work tending to Melissa right away while the rest of us checked out sweet little Claire. By the time we left the hospital and got back home, it was 1:30 Dallas time, or 2:30 my time. I was beat, but it didn't matter! I was so happy that I got to be there to see my sweet little sister and her adorable little baby girl.
My dad is a big baby person!! I don't think that he could get enough of sweet little Clarie-belle, as I like to call her!!
Momma (or Grandma) was pretty smitten as well!!! Melissa was so nice to let all of us hog her baby while we were there!!

Melissa looked and felt better with each passing day! We had a fun time talking and visiting and oohing and aahing over sweet Miss Claire!

It was so fun to be able to hold and love on sweet Claire and know that my own precious children were being well cared for by my awesome hubby! He arranged for me to come for 5 days all by myself!!! I think that he deserves Husband of the Year for that one!!!

While I was there, I got to see both of my older brothers and my nieces as well. Here is Ansley holding Claire. Claire was born on her birthday!!! They will share a special bond for that I think!

Melissa was so sweet with her first little baby! :) She has had lots of practice over the years with all of her nieces and nephews!! I am glad that she has a baby of her own now!

The new family!!! :) Austin was so gentle with his baby girl. It was touching to see. He will be a great daddy!!

With a Mommy with red hair and bald as a baby, and a daddy with blonde hair and bald till he was 2, the last thing we expected was that Claire would be born with a full head of hair!!!!!! She had tons of it! We are all wondering if it will fall out and turn really light like Evan's did! I guess only time will tell! Baby Claire, I am so glad that I was able to come and meet you and share in the joy surrounding your birth!!!! I miss you already! Don't grow up too fast before I get to see you again!!!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet sweet post:) I think it is so awesome that you got to come be with Melissa:)

Debi said...

It was SOOO nice having you home for the weekend. I miss you! :) Barth DEFINATELY gets Father of the Year in MY book!

Melissa said...

Claire and I miss you! I'm so glad that you were able to be there when Claire was born. :)