background

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Lovely Time of the Year

I love the fall here. It lasts for a while and the colors are so lovely. Fall won't be around too much longer here, so I thought that I would take advantage of our warmer days (low 60s) to snap a few pictures.
The kids wanted to rake the leaves yesterday and today. Amber, she just wanted to eat her Halloween candy and look cute!!

Everyone had fun raking and jumping and throwing leaves all over!


The typical Popeye Brian look! He was not into taking that darn sucker out of his mouth so that I could get a decent picture. You can see my favorite burning bush was in the background behind Brian's head.





Ah....the beautiful, yet busy, days of fall!


My busy middle schooler! He loves it! He is doing academic team again this year as well as basket ball and scouts. Wednesday is a busy day for this guy. School till 2:35. Academic match till 4:45. Then scouts. We leave for that at 6:30. I have to say that one of the things that I love best about middle school is that they have a study hall period toward the end of the day. That means that Weston rarely has much homework when he gets home from school.


Brian is loving 3rd grade. He has some great friends in his class this year. He is excited that he is the top reader in his class this year and has more accelerated reader points than any other kid in his class. Brian is loving cub scouts and is also playing basket ball this fall! He has scored 8 and 10 points in his last few games and was the top scorer in both of those games! :) Go Brian!


Miss Mambers keeps me busy and is always there to lend a hand. We do "Mommy School" every Tuesday and Thursday morning where we read, do puzzles, do work sheets, take walks to discover new things, play play-doh, just lots of fun things. Amber is an in-charge kind of girl and everyone is her best friend. She tells everyone that she loves them. It is pretty cute! :)


Aaron is loving 1st grade this year. He is in a pull out advanced reading group at school and his reading skills have just exploded over the last few months. He has recently discovered the joy of chapter books and we enjoy reading together once everyone has gone to bed! :) Aaron is also playing basketball this year. He loves it. I have to say that it is pretty funny to watch when they play basketball at this age. He loves that he has practice on Friday night when no one else has practice. That means that most of the time, he gets one on one time with either Mommy or Daddy! (Have to say that he prefers if Daddy goes to practice though since he usually will take him out for an ice cream afterwards~)


Evan is as busy as ever! He runs everywhere he goes. His language has exploded over the last month and he speaks in full sentences. He sings. He really loves music!! The other day he was singing happy birthday to the candy corn on his Halloween shirt. Evan likes to do puzzles. He LOVES trains! He thinks he can do anything that any of his siblings can do. He is a great climber. (read- we have to watch him like a hawk so he doesn't hurt himself) He is a happy, smiley little guy with lots of personality!



Happy Fall to you!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the fall there at ur house! and love the updates on the kids. U guys r busy busy busy! but i am pretty sure without any extra activities u would still be busy! goes with the territory;)

Amanda said...

* I loved shooting hoops as a kid in the driveway....good times:)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a good fall season at your house! :) Amber looks just like Barth, but her expressions are just like you, Kristie! I love you. :)

Debi said...

Grandma always loves to see pictures of the kids! :) I noticed the new basketball hoop on the driveway, too. The leaves are so pretty, but THIS year I'm enjoying our nice fall, too.