background

Monday, January 02, 2012

Christmas Eve

This year on Christmas eve, I made a big dinner so that we could have it Christmas day as well. After our yummy ham dinner, the kiddos headed over to the couch in anticipation for a Christmas eve present from Grandma and Grandpa Yorke.
Running to go and get their gift.

Hmmmm......what could it be?

Yea! New Christmas jammies!!!! :)

New jammies are a tradition that Barth's parents have done with the grandkids for several years. Once they had them out, it was time to put them on and get a few pictures!!

Even though it wasn't really all that late yet, Evan was done with the day.....hence the binky!! While I cleaned up in the kitchen, Daddy and Grandpa snapped pictures of the kiddos!!

Once all the pictures had been taken, it was time to sit down and watch Scrooge and eat home made Chex Party Mix. That is tradition in Barth's family. :) I have to say that we really enjoy the musical version on the show. The songs are catchy!! And it was fun to have Grandma and Grandpa here for the tradition. (Though I am not sure why we don't have any pictures of them on this night, but we don't!) Then the children set out cookies for Santa and apples for his reindeer. We thought that apples might be a nice change from the carrots that other children would leave for them. Then it was time to head to bed so Santa could come!!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Cute Jammies! :) I like the poses on the stairs. Amber looks cute with her shorter hair...