background

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Snowy Day Fun!

We were all so excited about the snow.  The kids spent most of the day outside in the snow having lots of fun.  Barth worked from home, which was nice.  Even Katelynn was excited to go outside.  We tried to get a few shots of everyone together!
The snow was perfect and plenty deep enough for snow angels.  In all, we got just less than 6 inches! 
Brian makes a beautiful snow angel doesn't he? :)
We have never had this much snow so early in the school year!  But it was fun to have a day off and then a one hour delay yesterday.
Katleynn was too tall for the blue snowsuit that everyone else has worn, so I stuck her in some size 3 snow pants (those were too big, but we made them work), boots and her big puffy coat!  She tolerated it for about 2 minutes.  And then she began to cry.  I tried taking her to the driveway where she could walk around better, but it didn't make a difference.  After that, she just stayed inside!
It felt like we were walking around all morning in some other place entirely!  We were truly "Walking in a Winter Wonderland!"
The boys got to work making a snow fort.  That didn't last long though.  They were more interested in sledding!
I think every single one of the kids made a snow angel.
Aaron said to me, "Take a picture of me!  This is the first time anyone has ever snow swinged!"
Everyone thinks that it is so fun to shovel the driveway.  I don't mind!  :)  It gets my driveway clear!  We are all so thankful that Auntie M went to BYU-I all those years ago and that we could have her hand-me-down scarves, hats and gloves!  They have gotten a lot of use over the last so many years that we have lived here!
Time for sledding and snowboarding!
Aaron and the perfect snowball that he made all by himself.  No help from those snowball makers we got a few years ago!  He did a great job.  He hid it under a bush while he went sledding so that no one would bother it!
Let the fun begin!!
Brian love, love, LOVES snowboarding!  One of these days I would like to take him to go snowboarding for real.  I bet he would love it!
All the boys out sledding together.  I am so glad that they still enjoying doing things together.
Aaron
Brian
Weston
Evan
I had to get one picture from across the street of what our house looked like in the snow!
Taking a break in the snow!

Hanging out while we wait for the snow plow to pass so that we can sled again.  Our hill is too fast and if there are cars, they have to stop the sleds.  On most snowy days there are little to no cars, but I don't want anyone to get hurt.
Here is Weston working on the jump that they built towards the bottom of the path that they were using for the snowboard.  They love to build up a jump!  So fun!
Yesterday was soooooo cold!  It only got to 18.  Today is supposed to be warmer, up to 30.  By the weekend it is supposed to be 60 again with thunderstorms.  And then back to more snow for Thanksgiving weekend.  I think that the crazy Texas weather has moved up north with me!!!  :)

3 comments:

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

I think you moved to NARNIA!!!! Looking at the pictures makes it seem like you are living in a storybook. I'm glad that all of your kids have proper snow attire. :) I love looking at all of the pictures of the kids playing in the snow and ice. Tell Aaron I thought he made a great snowball. :)

Amanda said...

I loved seeing and hearing about their snowday! I loved the pic of amber in her cute coat. Ur description of what happened cracked me up;)

Melissa said...

That snow sure looks like a lot of fun! I thought the "snow swinging" was especially neat. :)