This month has been quite a busy one for us. One week in particular was very busy every single night. We had Brian's band concert on night immediately following an academic team match. Brian did such a great job. As usual, I forgot my real camera. I am glad that I have a camera on my phone, but it just isn't as good of quality as my real camera. The 6th grade band had really improved over the last few months. Brian LOVES band!! He has such a fun time playing the trumpet!
This one came out so blurry, but I like it because Brian is looking right at us! :) They played one non-Christmas song, followed by a Christmas medley and a song called Santa's Noisy Workshop! They were all so good. We also got to hear the 7th grade band and the jazz band and percussion ensemble. I always love band concerts. The night following that, we had the elders over for dinner and Barth went on splits.
The next night was Thursday and Aaron had an academic match which we had to leave as soon as the 4th grade was finished so that we could get home to pick everyone up and head over to Weston's Christmas concert. His concert was sooooooo good. He is in the top band and they looked and sounded fabulous! Once again, I forgot my camera and so these are kind of washed out. Weston is right in the middle in front of the tubas.
In an attempt to keep Katelynn happy, I got out my camera on my phone to take some pictures. She had only had an hour nap that day and was so tired and cranky! Oh well, I thought that this was a cute picture though!
She started to be fussy, so I took her to the back of the auditorium. She must have been exhausted because she fell fast asleep during the Sousa march that they played. Weston's band was very good. They played Sleigh ride, Greensleaves, some Sousa march, and then A Russian Christmas Medley! They all sounded fabulous!
Here he is after the concert! The following night was the ward Christmas party. Like I said, a very busy week! But a lot of fun! I am so glad that my boys love to play in the band. I certainly enjoy the concerts!!!!





2 comments:
I wish I was there to listen to the band concerts! What was that last pose with the three horns standing together?
Post a Comment