background

Friday, December 18, 2015

Decorating the Tree

 Well, I just decided that I am going to skip all the 5 million posts that need to be done and skip ahead to where we are now.  A few weeks ago we went out and got our tree.  We did it after Amber's piano lessons and then, since we had so much going on the last 2 weeks of school, we let the kids stay up later than usual and decorate!  They had a great time.
 Everyone had fun finding all of their special ornaments from Grandma and hanging them on the tree.
 Decorating the tree with the Christmas music playing is one of my favorite things about Christmas time.

 The kids were especially loving it since it was already 9 pm and they were staying up late!  :)
  Brian is getting so big!  It's hard to believe that I have 2 teenagers! 
 Oops, it looks like she looked away just as I was taking the picture.  :)  Katelynn enjoyed putting up the tree too!  She enlisted the help of her siblings with hanging up the ornaments. 
 Trying to find a good spot to hang things!
 The ornaments are now all over the tree.  We have someone to hang ornaments at all levels this year- Katelynn hangs them low, Weston and Brian hang them high, and Aaron, Amber and Evan hang them in the middle!  It's great!  
 It was Aaron's year to do the star!
And here's the group by the tree!!  This year's tree was nice and stable!  No falling down of the tree in the middle of the night this time around!!  :)

2 comments:

Debi said...

Very nice! I love seeing everyone decorating the tree. I'm glad they still like the grandma ornaments. I'll try to find them harder next year....especially for Katelynn and the younger ones. :) Evan's hair grows faster than Aaron's, apparently. It is longer... Thank you for posting. I have not seen enough of my Kentucky grandkids as of late (but I know why, so don't worry).

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas:). We love you all!