background

Friday, December 15, 2006

Orange Trees

When we moved to Florida, I really wanted to plant an orange and lemon tree. As a house warming gift, LaMonte and Emily got us a gift certificate to a citrus nursery where we picked out our trees!! This year was the first year that we were to let our orange tree get oranges. I knew that there were a few buds when we left, but when we got back for our closing, we had 11 oranges on our tree! The lemon tree didn't get any lemons this year, but did grow a ton! Sorry, there are no lemon tree pictures. I guess that I just forgot. Anyway, here are some pictures of our oranges. They are not ripe yet, as you can see, but I picked them anyway and they are ripening on the counter here in NC! I can't wait to eat them!!

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so neat:) I would LOVE to have a Lemon, and Orange tree in the backyard!!!! At least you got to pick some oranges before you left! Let us know how they taste after you get to eat them:)

Debi said...

Wow, that orange tree really took off!!! Hopefully the new owners will like it so they will spare it when they put in the new swimming pool.

Amanda said...

The new owners are putting in a pool???? Isn't their one in the neighborhood?