background

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Here today!!! Gone overnight!!!

Last night we decorated the tree. We got it on Monday night for FHE, but since it was wet and late, and our home teachers came over last night, we decorated it late yesterday afternoon instead. Barth came home early from work and got the lights all on the tree. The boys had lots of fun getting the ornaments on! Here are some of the pictures of the tree trimming.
Such cute little boys!!!
Amber was very good and laid on a pallet on the ground for quite a while watching the proceedings!
Aaron the Barron.
Bri Bri our fry guy!
Weston thought that the bottom looked bare so he hung things at the bottom.
Hanging up the bells for Santa.
Aaron got to put the star on top. The tree was a little too prickly for him, so he mostly sat on the sidelines watching and handing out ornaments.

Sadly, I must say that at 3 this morning, we heard a loud CRASH!! Barth went downstairs to find that the tree had fallen over and there were broken ornaments all over the place. It took him about an hour and a half to get things cleaned up enough to not have lots of glass all over the place and then get the tree back in the stand. This morning when I woke up, I got everything vacuumed up and we will re-decorate again tonight. It is the decorating that never ends I guess!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Amber looks adorable in that picture:) I can't believe the whole tree fell over!!! AAAAHHHH! How nice of Barth to get up and clean it up!

Heather said...

What a fabulouso christmas tree!

Debi said...

The tree is so full and pretty! I remember the year that our tree fell over.... not long after we decorated it....it was when Tristan was a baby. After that your dad always screwed the tree base to a piece of plywood.

Annette said...

Ohhh, that is a funny story. Funny of course for me, and not so much for Barth.

Shelly's Space said...

Yep....it had to have been those ornaments on the bottom that Weston put on it.....tipped it right over....(hee he)