
We had a fantastic Christmas day with lots of fun and more than enough toys to sink a battleship!! Although we missed our family far away, it was still a good day for us. We had a nice mix of traditions this Christmas. We had the nativity on Christmas eve, since it was the last Monday (or
FHE) before Christmas. This is a tradition in my family. After that, we had
chex mix and watched the musical
Scrooge, which is a Christmas eve
tradition in Barth's family. The kids went to bed late, but it was fun to do things with our kids that we did as kids!! The boys had a great time. Amber did her usual thing of being cute as long as she was held and, overall, Christmas eve was a success. On Christmas day, after all the presents were opened, I made the traditional Christmas breakfast. This year we had cinnamon rolls, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and orange juice. It was SO YUMMY!!! We got around to eating it at about 10:45. Then I made a Christmas dinner of Ham, roasted potatoes, salad, fruit salad, rolls, Christmas jello, corn and lemonade!!! (We ate at about 6) In between, the kids had a wonderful lunch of m&
m's, skittles and smarties left by Santa!!!! I think that among the presents, the sleds that all 3 boys
received, were one of the favorites. Let's just hope that we get lots more snow so that those sleds get some good use!!!! The picture above is of all the kids in their Christmas PJ's on Christmas eve!

Here they are on Christmas morning when we first went out to the tree!!! Oh, and I forgot to mention that on Christmas eve, we went ice skating downtown!!!! There is an ice arena outside at Fountain Square which is the main plaza area downtown right by where Barth works. The rink is outside and has cooling coils under the rink to keep it cold in the balmy weather that we have been having here. (It was 38 mid-day when we went!!) Barth stayed outside the rink with Aaron and Amber and I took Weston and Brian out on the ice. We were sure a SIGHT!!!!!! The boys had never been skating before and I made the mistake of renting skates myself. In hindsight, I should have just worn my shoes out on the ice.....it would have been easier to help the boys out that way!!! By about 10 minutes into our skating, Weston and Brian had made it standing up about twice and we had gone a grand total of about 3 feet!!!! There was a photographer there for the local newspaper who took some pictures of the wonderful falling. So far, we haven't seen any pictures in the paper though. :) I
remembered the camera, but forgot the card, so sorry there are no pictures from us of this rather comical experience. I think that we finally made it around the rink about 3 times in the almost 1 hour that we were there!!!!!!!! Weston had a blast, but Brian was more concerned that he was all wet!!!!!! It is something that we will have to try again!!!!!! It was a great time!

And no post is complete without a picture of our cute little
Bamber! This was taken on Christmas eve!!!!

What a
happy little girl!!! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well!
Oh.....and one more thing.......this is the first Christmas in years that we didn't have to go to the hospital AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for no asthma attacks or ear infections or anything like that!!!!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
CUTE pictures!!!! That one on the staircase is precious (although Aaron looks kinda' drunk on candy) :) Amber makes an adorable little reindeer! You'll have some good pictures for wedding videos!
Oh yes, and those are some COOL looking sleds!!!
Those are adorable pictures:) I can see there were a TON of presents!!!! P wanted one really expensive thing (darth Maul double lightsaber) So he didn't get much else from us..but between your mom and my mom he got plenty! We just took P ice skating for the second time ever....he had been begging to go again for a year....So I will post pictures soon!
I'm so impressed that you were so organized with everything. It looks like you caught up on your Christmas shopping after all, with all those fun presents under the tree. It sounded like a WONDERFUL Christmas, and I'm so glad nobody was sick this year. The ice skating sounded fun too!! I'm just happy that you were in your OWN home this year:)
No hosptial trips is the BEST christmas present of all!
Post a Comment