background

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Brian's Kindergarten Promotion

Today was the last day of school, and therefore, Kindergarten promotion day!!! :) Brian has had a wonderful year and such fantastic teachers. It has been a great experience for him!! This morning they had a nice promotion program where the kids sang songs that they had learned during the year. We were all able to be there for the program. Barth was there and they even released the siblings so that they could attend!! :) Weston was happy that he could come too. Above is Brian and his class coming in for the program. I video taped and Barth took the pictures.
Here they are getting up on the risers for the program. It was a good thing that Brian is tall since he was on the back row. That is Brian's teacher helping the kids up on the risers.
The kids sang about 7 or 8 songs that they had learned during the year. They all sang really well and with gusto!! :) The picture is a little dark since Barth had to zoom up to get a picture of Brian where you could see him. The picture of Brian actually getting his certificate came out dark and really blurry.
After it was done, the siblings were asked to go back to class and then everyone else went into the cafeteria for some refreshments. Here is Brian with his certificate.
The kids all enjoyed the cookies and lemonade.
I am so happy that Brian was in the class that he was in. This is him and the class aide, Mrs Carlotta. He really enjoyed both of his teachers this year.
And this is his teacher, Mrs Gripshover. (and his friend Sydney in the background) We have really loved Mrs Gripshover. She is so patient and kind and Brian loves her so much. Today before we left Brian told her that he was going to get rich this summer from selling the fossils that he has found in our back yard. She asked if she could marry him since he was going to be so rich!!! :) Brian is so happy to be going on to first grade!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I can't believe Brian is getting so big! I loved seeing the pictures of his Teacher and Aide and seeing his happy smile in that last picture there. :) Oh....and seeing his friend Sydney, too. :)

Amanda said...

That is cool that they make such a big deal about Kindergarten promotion! We didn't do anything at Sheffield when I taught. WOW---a First grader:) Who they get as their teacher really makes ALL the difference. That is why I am already praying for P to get the "right" teacher for him next year.

Jenny Jensen said...

Good Job Brian!!! That is so awesome!!! I remember very little about kindergarten...its fun to look back on pictures!! Kristie...can I get your email address?? Mine is loganandjennifer.jensen@gmail.com (well, my blog one at least).