*dirty walls- it means that children live in my house and I am so busy enjoying them that I haven't gotten around to painting them again yet!
*sticky honey on my counter tops- it means that my children have made their own lunches!
*spilt milk- it means that they are truly my children and got my wonderful spilling gene!! :)
*crumbs to sweep- it means that we have food on our table and full tummies!
*piles of laundry- it means that we have more than enough clothes to wear!
*toothpaste on the sinks- it means that hopefully they are actually brushing their teeth!!!
*fingerprints on windows- it means that they are looking outside and loving it!
*floors to mop- it means Heavenly Father has blessed me with a nice home to care for!
*whines and tears- it means that I am lucky enough to stay home with my children!!
*bags under my eyes- it usually means that I have had a few hours to myself and have, as usual, stayed up way too late for my own good!!! :D
*a lump (and sometimes absent lump) in my bed- it means that I have a sweet husband (I call him my lump in the bed) who is by my side, supporting me in all that I do. I even am thankful when his lump is absent because it means he is on a trip, working hard to support my family and making sure that I am able to stay at home!!
What are you thankful for? :D
4 comments:
I am thankful for family and especially for big sisters like you! :) Love you, Sister Sue!!! :) XOXOXOX!!!
I hear ya:) I really do think every day about simple pleasures like having a bed, running water, food that I can just pick up at the store...I think a lot about people in others countries that would give everything to have these luxuries.
This was a very nice tribute to your being a mother. :) You are thinking very deeply today...I am thankful for your being thankful and realizing that you are so blessed. :)
What a great post. Last Sunday our lesson in RS was President Monson's talk on Sunday morning Oct. conference, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude". You exemplify an attitude of gratitude. Thanks for the good example, even miles away!
Post a Comment