
On Monday, since we were off for
MLK day, we decided to head on over the the Aquarium. They are having their winter family days special, which means that 2 kids get in free with each full price adult admission. And kids under 2 are free. That meant that we saved about $60!! :) We enjoy the
aquarium and used to have a pass before the place changed ownership and the price for our family to get a pass doubled.... Oh well! We had a great time!

When you first get downstairs, they have a round fish tank that has these fun drums surrounding it. All the kids took turns playing the drums, but Evan really enjoyed Aaron playing on his drum.

And even got brave enough to give it a try for himself while the others were looking at some of the other fish tanks.

One of our favorite tanks is the one with the "
googly eyed fish" as we like to call them. Not really sure what their real name is, but their eyes can see both under and above the water and look like little air bubbles if you look at them from the top. Even though Amber was tall enough to see into most tanks, she was lucky enough that her sweet Daddy would pick her up any way to look at the tanks. (Don't tell, but she has him wrapped around her little finger!!!)

Barth picked up Aaron to see the googly eyed fish from the top too!! Such a nice guy!! :)

The boys hurried on over to the petting tanks where they had a horseshoe crab, some sea stars and some other crabs. (I think- I have such a bad memory!) Weston is going through some sort of phase where he thinks he looks more cool (or something like that) if he doesn't smile when I try to take his picture! He was having a grand time though.

And really, I couldn't ask for a nicer, or better helper than my sweet little
Westy Pesty!!! Without being asked, he went over and offered to pick Aaron up so that he could touch the creatures. He was so sweet there with his brother that I just had to snap a picture.

Brian wanted his picture taken touching the crabs too!

Mams thought that the animals were neat, but wasn't quite so sure about the whole "touching them" thing. And Evan, he was content watching the throngs of people pass him by in his stroller. It was quite busy that day!

They have a big theatre where they used to do some cool shows the first year that we were here, but we haven't seen any since the change of ownership. At the front of the theatre was this big area where the kids could sit and watch the fish, sharks, eels, and turtles swim. They thought it was amazing! I had to laugh at one point when we were there and I was sitting back on a bench in the theatre part and these 2 teenage girls walked in. There were 3 sharks swimming around close to the glass wall where you can see the kids sitting here. One of the girls says to the other, "Man! Those are the biggest
piranhas that I have
ever seen!" I just thought to myself that I hoped that they didn't go to the high school that my kids would be attending, because if they did, I was in trouble and I had better move now!!!

The octopus was quite active this particular afternoon! There is no flash photography, but you can see how cool he looks!! So fun!

This was the only tank where there were not throngs of people because they were all waiting to do the shark movie thingy. Amber looked so sweet there looking at the fish.

They traded out all of the little alligators for this one BIG alligator. He was just like all the gators that we saw in FL. He mostly just sat there and tried to stay warm in the light!!! :) Barth thought that he was awesome! He loves to look at the gators!

Two of my most favorite guys in the whole wide world!!!!

After we were all done, Barth took the kids to the little candy shop next door for a treat. Since places like that are not so good for little hands like Evan's, and since it was a warmer day (all of 35 degrees), Evan and I decided to sit outside and enjoy the light mist of a rain and check out the river and downtown!!

Such a happy little guy! Oh and by the way, he now has his 2 top pointy teeth that have just broken through! He is up to 14 teeth now!
Yay!

And since I wasn't in any of the pictures, I decided to take one of me and my sweet Evvy
Miester!!! We had a great day! And we have had a good week. We only had school 2 days this week! Yesterday and today we were off for our 6 inches of snow. Today I think that it only got up to 13 outside.
Brrrr.... And of course, there is snow in the forecast for all of next week too! Welcome to January in KY. :) Do you think that we will be done with school before mid-July?
3 comments:
Fun day:) that pic of you and Evan is so cute! Wow they have missed a lot of school:(
Love all the pictures of the kids. :) I'm glad you had a fun day.
Looks like fun! :) I'm so glad you got to go and got a great bargain in the deal! :) It's always nice to get to go and do something together as a whole family. :)
Post a Comment