background
Friday, March 11, 2011
Break my heart....
Today at noon time, Aaron was finishing up his lunch and I was checking to see what updates there were about the terrible earthquake and tsunami that happened today. Aaron walks over and asks about the pictures. I tell him that it was from the earthquake that we had talked about before school today. He then says, "Who lives in Japan Mommy?" I tell him that the Japanese people live in Japan, people just like us. He tells me, "NO! My friend Masaki lives there, remember?! He just moved back!! Is he okay? Type his name into the computer and tell me if he is okay!!" (This boy was Aaron's good friend from the very 1st day of school. His Dad was on a 3 year work period for Toyota here and they just moved back to Japan the last week of January.) Break my heart! At this point all I could do was turn and comfort him the best that I could. We had a prayer together and asked our Heavenly Father to bless Masaki and his family. And then I tell Aaron that we just have to pray for those that were affected by the earthquake and tsunami and his friend and then trust in the Lord and know that he hears our prayers. What I had understood earlier as devastating, just took on a very real personal aspect. We will continue to pray for those that have been devastated by this terrible calamity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
:( I think I would have told Aaron that Japan is a big place and he is probably safe...but you should pray for them, too.
Poor Aaron! I hope that his friend is blessed and his family is blessed to be alright with all this turmoil going on...I'm sure that the Lord heard the prayers on Masaki's behalf.
so so sad:( It is the devastation is unimaginable.
My sentence came out jumbled...It should have read...so so sad. The devastation is unimaginable.
Post a Comment