background

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oh Boy!

This morning while the kids were playing downstairs, Amber found a pair of scissors that weren't supposed to be down there. The result was cutting her bangs and the hair by her ear on her left (or our right in this picture). It was too short over by her ear, even though it doesn't look too terribly bad in this picture, trust me, it was. The result was that she had to have it cut to fix it!! It made me so sad that it had to be cut all the way up to her ears. :( Nothing I could do about it though.
The back now looks like this. Her hair was finally getting long enough to do more hair styles. Oh well. It is still cute, just not long. It will grow. Her hair grows fast.

And here is the front with a totally fake smile. Once she saw it all gone, she cried and cried and cried. We talked about how she wasn't going to do that again. (No scissors will be allowed anywhere except at the kitchen table from now on!) She really was sad that she had to have all her hair cut off to even it out. And those short bangs, oh well!! Just thought I would share our morning adventure. Happy weekend to all!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Wow. She did do a number on it. Takes after her Grandma, I guess. I LOVE her new pixie style haircut! :) Amber is a very pretty girlie!

Amanda said...

Aahhhh. She is still cute:) you just have to keeping chanting to urself...hair grows. Hair grows. Hair grows:) well all in one week we had cutting emergencies!

Jessica G. said...

OH NO!!! But her short little pixie cut is still adorable.
Maybe I should knock on wood before I say that I've managed to dodge the bullet on that particular rite of passage.
(And with your title, I thought you were announcing your new pregnancy…)

Debi said...

P.S. I love Ambers cute little dress! Especially the yellow trim and the angel sleeves. I haven't seen that one before...

Melissa said...

Oh no!!! Poor Amber and Mommy! :( It's a good thing that hair in our family grows out so fast...it will be back in no time. :) At least this way you won't have to worry about her cutting it again!