
We had a wonderful Christmas break. We were blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Yorke join us this year for the big day. Now it is time to catch up on all our Christmas festivities!! :) This year we only got a week and a half off of school. But, the Sunday before Christmas, Brian started to run a fever (which meant that he got 2 full weeks off from school). We were waiting to make the Christmas cookies until everyone was well, but Brian ran a fever for a full 5+ days and just when he was getting over it, Aaron began running a fever. So, we opted to skip making the cookies for our friends, and just make them for ourselves. (And I am sure that our friends are thankful that we didn't spread our germs....this was a nasty bug that we passed around our house!) So, with everyone doped up on ibuprofen, we set out to make our Christmas cookies!! :)

At our house, we do cookies with home made frosting (yum!) and then decorate the cookies with colored sugar. This is a tradition that we did when I was a little girl. I love making Christmas cookies! See Aaron licking his fingers? Yes, that is why we didn't deliver any of them. :D

I helped Evan, but everyone else was able to make their own cookies. Evan was really more interested in licking the frosting and sugar off of his cookies than he was eating them. He helped me make the dough and roll them out too though.

Because we were going to deliver them, we made up 8 dozen cookies. We frosted some this night and ate some. Then we waited till Grandma and Grandpa Yorke were here and frosted some more with them. It was fun to have the cookies last for a little longer. No cookies last very long at my house. Too many little kiddos that love cookies!! :D
3 comments:
That is a TON of cookies! Hey, I wanted to say that Brian's shirt is EXACTLY the same shirt as your dad was working on the car with on the You & Me blog. Go back and look! :) That's too funny. Looks much better on Brian because it actually FITS. :)
Thanks for posting so many pictures. I'v had grandma withdrawal ever since before Christmas...
Cookies look yummy!!!!!!! And that does look like a ton of cookies but I imagine with ur crew they probably all got eaten;)
Post a Comment