background

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Katelynn- 10 months old!

Our little KatieLynn is growing by leaps and bounds!!!  She began standing up on her own in the middle of the room just after she turned 9 months old!  She is quite a proficient crawler and crawls VERY well with a dress on!
She really is the happiest, sweetest little thing!  She is such a good baby!  I am lucky to have such a sweet little one as my last baby!
While Momma was here, I got a wheat free mix to try out.  It makes wheat free pancakes but also has recipes on it for wheat free chocolate chip cookies and other types of breads.  The baking and wheat free mixes have come a long way since I was doing the same thing with Aaron 8 years ago!  The cookies were really good!  Katelynn wasn't a big fan though!  :)
These next few pictures were taken with my phone.  With the onset of slightly warmer weather (you know, like in the 50's, interspersed with snowy days) we have made a few trips to the park!  Katelynn loves the swing!!  She thinks it is great fun!
She has also recently discovered that she likes corn and rice.  Mostly she likes to feed herself with what is on my plate!  :)  Even after she is done nursing I will most likely stay wheat free with her.  My babies just seem to like to eat things off of my plate, so I want to make sure that the things that I eat, she can eat.  It is easier that way!
Last week Katelynn took her first step!  And she cut a top tooth on the same day!!!  We have had red letter days here lately!  Now if only she would go back to sleeping through the night, things would be just about perfect!  :)
And within just a matter of days, she decided that she could walk!  She is now taking 6 to 8 steps each time.  Where did the last 10 months go to?  She is such a big girl these days!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cutie she is! Loved hearing her update with cute pictures;) i wish a cookie would make me cry then i might stay away from them;) lol.

Amanda said...

Cant u use oat flour to make most cookies? Just wondering since i dont know much about the wheat free world!

Kristie said...

You can use oat flour to make cookies, but unless you are combining a few flours and using tapioca, they come out kind of flat. Perhaps one of these days I will experiment further to see what will work and what won't. For now, I (and Katelynn) am fairly satisfied to eat mostly fruits, veggies, meat and rice or oats for our grains. Since most of the things that I have read say they don't usually outgrow the wheat allergy until sometime between 6 and 12 years (with 12 being the more common age) I figure I have plenty of time to figure things out! :)

Debi said...

These are great pictures of our sweet baby! She is such a smiler!! Thanks for telling me there were more posts down below. I would have hated to miss this one. :)

Amanda said...

got it;)