background

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Scout Camp

Monday morning, before the break of dawn, these two boys headed out to Scout Camp at Camp Frielander.  Weston has stayed overnight, but the 11 year old scouts have to come home every night.  Brian has had a LOT of fun and loves to give us updates on how Weston is doing!  :)  Brian was originally supposed to take Trailblazer all morning, but his scout master got him changed away from that since he already is just like 2 things away from getting his 2nd class scout and trailblazer wouldn't help him at all.  So, now he is taking the chess merit badge as well as citizenship in the nation.  After lunch he is taking the first aid, fishing, and nuclear science merit badges with his good friend, Kaden.  Weston is taking chess and fishing too, but for the life of me I can't remember what else!  I can't wait to hear all about Weston's days as well when he gets back home.  I will be glad to have 2 weeks of semi-normal life before school starts.  We still have to do the summer reading and other school projects, and there are schedules to pick up, and supplies and clothes to get, but I will be glad to have everyone home for just a bit before school starts back up.  Summer is quickly coming to a close.  Oh my!  It has been a very full, but very good summer for us!  :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my I know nothing about boy scouts! I am about to enter into another foreign world! I need a class to school me on this;)
Glad that Brian got switched so he wouldn't waste time doing stuff that wouldnt help him! How fun that they get to see each other every day at camp:).
And I can only imagine how much u want some normal summer days before school! Man I feel it closing in on us.....and we still have 4 weeks left!

Debi said...

The boys look very handsome in their scout shirts! With 4 boys you will be very busy with scouting for the next 10 or 12 years... so you better get used to it. :) It is such a wholesome activity and fun, so aren't we glad for scouting?