On the last day of school, June 3rd, was Weston's 8th grade promotion. Honestly, I have never known any other schools so have so darn many promotions, but here they do! This was the sign on the stage, I figured you wouldn't be able to see it once all the kids say down. I was right. The graduates all filed in alphabetically, that meant that Weston was almost last. Than goodness for the fact that there was also a Young and a Zigglemayer graduating too!! :)
Here they are coming in. The gym was PACKED!!!! We got there early when they asked for the kids to come, so we snagged a good seat just a few rows up. It was a long wait, so Barth stayed in the stands and I let Katelynn walk around the halls right up until the last minute. This was her 3rd graduation in just a matter of a few days! She was done with the whole "sitting still" nonsense! :) Weston looked mighty handsome in his suit!
Here they are finally getting ready to sit in their seats. Those that were in National Junior Honor Society got to wear honor cords for graduation. Weston thought that he was pretty cool looking in them!
Sitting and waiting through all the awards. They announced all A's and highest GPA in most subjects. Weston didn't get any awards for highest GPA. There is a girl in all of his classes that is VERY concerned about her grades and she is the one that got most of those certificates! He did have all A's all year in every subject and was voted smartest boy.
As far as graduations went, Weston's was actually the shortest even though they had the most things packed into it! :) I think that the elementary school could learn a thing or two from them middle school on how to run things smoothly and efficiently! ;) Anyway, just as it was almost time for Weston to go, Katelynn really started to fuss and cry!! So, I handed the camera off to Barth and took her out. Barth promised not to get blurry pictures. Oh well!! He said that if he put the flash up and zoomed it came out too dark, and it he didn't put the flash up, it was blurry, so he opted for blurry. It was all good though. At least we got one pretty good one here! I am just thankful that he got a picture.
Here he was walking back to his seat! I can hardly believe that my baby is going to start high school here in a month!!!! Surely it is not possible!!!
After we got home, I wanted to get a few good pictures. What a handsome young man he is!
Happy Graduation Weston!!! I hope that you enjoy high school as much as you have enjoyed middle school!!!!
1 comment:
Weston looks so handsome in his suit. :) Congratulations to our first grandson on being the first to graduate from middle school. Tell him Grandma says GPA doesn't matter at all in Junior High School, but in High School GPA is important. The smart thing to do is to keep it up all 4 years in high school because people with 6 kids need scholarships. :)
Post a Comment