background

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Disney on Ice


On Thursday Amber and I went to Disney on Ice.  She has talked and talked about how much she enjoyed going a few years ago.  I knew it was coming to town but things have been so busy here and with everything else, I just didn't think that we were going to be able to go.  But, last minute, Barth asked about it, and when I looked on-line the day before the one day that we could go, there were only 2 tickets left.  And they were on the ice, and they were the price that the seats way up high had been.  So, we got them.  :)  And we had a fantastic girls night out!  Here is Amber in her Belle Christmas princess dress that we got at a garage sale for $5.  She loved dressing up to go see the ice skating.  She wanted to wear her costume, but I was afraid it would get ripped or ruined before Halloween the next day, so I talked her into wearing this one.
And boy, were those last minute seats good ones!!!!!  We were up close and personal and center ice to boot!!!!  It was so cool to be so close to the skaters!  We even got sprayed by the snow coming off on one of the princes skates at one point in the show.  When they had bubbles for the "Under the Sea" part, Amber thought that it was so fun to pop the bubbles.  And when they made it "snow" for the Frozen part of the show, we were all covered with teeny tiny bubbles!!
Here we are waiting for the show to start!
Look how close we were!  Amber kept wanting me to take pictures of the skating, but most of them came out blurry because they were moving!!
During intermission I got Amber some cotton candy.  It had a crown on it!  She was so excited about that!  Almost the entire second half was Frozen.  Amber LOVED that!!  I tried to sneak a picture of her watching it because she was so enthralled in the show, but she saw me and looked my way instead (the picture below).  I am so thankful that I have such a sweet little girly girl.  She loves all things pink, girly, and princess!!  I may have waited a long time to get a girl, but Heavenly Father sure did send me a good one!  She was worth the wait!!! :)

1 comment:

Debi said...

Amber is looking so much older in the pictures from the past month or two. She is really growing up. I'm glad you two got to have a wonderful girls night out together. :)