background

Monday, March 30, 2015

Campfire Time

 Right after Grandma and Grandpa left, we had a perfect evening for a campfire.  Evan had been dying to have one, so we had one for FHE one night.  (Which was a good thing because then it went and got all freezing here again!)  While Barth, Weston, Brian, and Evan got the camp fire going, Aaron, Amber, and Katelynn had fun playing in the yard!
 Amber had fun "helping" Katelynn down the hill.  She was so sweet with her sister and being such a great little helper.  I'm glad that I got at least 2 girls.  I hope they will be good friends their whole life long!
 I love this one too because you can see how helping Amber is, reaching out to help her little sister.  Katelynn is my first (and only) child to be fixated on taking her clothes off!!  This day she had gotten her pants off, but I figured that it was okay since it was over 70 outside!  :)
 Here are the boys getting the fire going!!  :)  Evan even wore one of his camping shirts of the occasion.
 Brian was helping too! He claimed the beach chair from the start!  He loves that low down chair for some reason! :)
 Amber and Aaron came over to enjoy the fire until they saw that it was taking a while to get going, so they decided to go and play again!
 Katelynn LOVES it when Aaron will come and do the glider with her!  She loves the swing set!  She is the perfect age to enjoy it this year!
 We had a yummy dinner of hot dogs and chips that night for dinner followed by s'mores!  We were glad that Evan really wanted a campfire so we could enjoy it!
Evan was pretty tired by the time it was all said and done, but he really enjoyed having the camp fire!!  I love our little fire pit so that we can enjoy fun evenings all together as a family!

2 comments:

Debi said...

I'm glad Evan got his hot dog and s'mores dinner after we left! I'm surprised he didn't want the fire on his own little fire pit. :)

Amanda said...

Oh I am glad to see you got to do a fire for Evan:)