background

Monday, August 31, 2015

Uncle Aaron fishing

 Last week we had our annual Uncle Aaron fishout for FHE.  I had meant for us to have it a few weeks ago, closer to his birthday, but that week was a bad one for us!  Barth ended up getting pneumonia and was off of work the entire week.  I have never, ever seen him so sick in our entire 17 years of marriage!!  So, I put it off a week and we went then!  And it was the perfect night.  We had the most gorgeous 70 degree weather, so it was cool and lovely in the evening!
 We had a picnic dinner there next to the pond and then we fished afterwards.  We usually fish at the gazebo, but there was a man fishing there with several lines in the water, so we just fished at the edge of the water.  It was still nice.
 We fished for at least an hour!  We brought several hot dogs to fish with and stayed until they were all gone.
 All of the kids are getting bigger- most of them baited their own hooks this time.  I decided that I was the picture taker and Barth was the fish-taker-offer this time!!  :)
 Weston decided that he wanted to use a lure this year.  That meant that he didn't catch any fish, but he didn't mind.  He still had a good time!
 Evan caught the first fish of the night!  A real "whopper"!  Barth told him that he should just leave it on the line and use it for bait because it was so small!
 Aaron caught the next one!  Evan caught 5 I think, Aaron caught like 7.
 Here was Brian's first fish of the night!  He caught the most by far!  Like 11 or 12 or something like that!  I decided that it must have been because he was using the original pole that Uncle Aaron gave Weston when he was little.  It was the Taz fishing pole that Aaron gave Weston when he was like 4, I think!
 Even Evan got the hang of baiting his own hook.  I really enjoyed just keeping an eye on Katelynn and watching the kids have a good time fishing!
The boys fishing!  It really was the perfect night to be out!
We brought some bread and Katelynn fed the ducks for a bit.  She ate a donut the other day when I was off doing something else and never had a reaction.  After a call to the allergist, they said that it was okay if she started to eat wheat things!!  Yay!!  For the most part, she is still eating her wheat-free bagels for lunch and things like that, but if she wants to have something for dinner that has wheat in it, we give it to her.  So far she has been fine, just like the doctor said she would be!!  :)  When she was feeding the ducks, she actually ate most of the bread herself and then would feed the ducks a few crumbs.  Silly girl!!
Casting out his line.  The cool weather was so nice for Evan.  The heat still bothers him since there isn't really any change yet as far as an increase in blood flow to his brain, so he has a hard time when its hot, but in the cool weather, he has more energy.
Amber finally caught a few at the end!!
Even Katelynn "fished."  We didn't unhook the hook, but she stuck that pole in the water just like her brothers and sister and had a grand old time!  I am so thankful for this tradition and for a time that we can remember and talk about Uncle Aaron!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Looks like you had the perfect night for your fish-out! Katelynn's hair is getting long and the curls are hanging in there. :)

Amanda said...

Loved all the pictures:) Weather looked perfect!