With the arrival of March came the Pinewood Derby! Aaron's car was the Minecraft car that you see there. He drew the Steve on it all by himself. He did an excellent job on his car I thought.
While his car did decent, it didn't ever win faster than second place. That was okay, he still had a great time making it and racing it!
In March also came the time for the Odyssey of the Mind competition. The group that Brian was working with this year had a fun skit. There wasn't much competition at this level, but the kids still did a great job. Brian was, once again, the only boy on his team!
Getting ready to go on~
Kaylin, Lucy, and Amanda
Brian was an alien. He was nice and loud and did fantastic!
Afterward talking with the judges about what they did.
The judges go over how they built every piece and came up with their ideas.
Hooray! They got first place and advanced on to State!
Tucking in the girls one night and they wanted to me take some pictures of them!
They sure are sweet!!
Another warm day meant another day to play outside. The kids always come up with the strangest things to play. :) I like that they like to use their imaginations though!
One advantage of being small is that you can still fit in your sister's jeep when she wants to drive you around the driveway!
Feeling good enough to ride his bike on the driveway for a bit.
Katelynn was playing with her baby as I was putting together the new computer that we got that day. She said she was doing her baby's hair! :)
And, as usual, Momma came to visit us for her Spring Break! I love that she would always come to see us on her break. We didn't do anything super fun or out of the ordinary, but we still had a great time.
The kids always loved it when Grandma would come to visit. As usual, I was always too busy having fun to take lots of pictures.
While she was here she got to go with us to Weston's select band concert. She loved it! She loved music and thoroughly enjoyed hearing such a great band perform.
The kids after the concert. Being silly, as usual.
Checking out the fish and ducks at the pond at NKU after the concert.
One of the days that Grandma was here, we went to the zoo- just Grandma, Katelynn and I. We had such a great time. Grandma was happily taking pictures of everything. I will miss that. And I'll miss her here in a few weeks when she would have come for her visit.
She took Katelynn over to brush the goats. She was always such a fun grandma to the kids.
Katelynn riding the alligator before going into the manatee house while we were at the zoo.
Momma would go with me to pick up the kids from school in the afternoons. If the day was nice, we would stay after and let them play on the playground for a bit. This particular day, Grandma was pushing Katelynn on the swing.
This particular day Evan was able to do the cross bars all the way across. For the first time in a long time. I remember it so vividly because it gave me such hope that he was finally getting better. Little did I know.....
And finally, after loosing that other front top tooth at 3, Evan lost his other front tooth. :) Hooray! He is getting so big!!
Out riding the bike for Grandma while she was here.
One of the days after we picked up Evan from school Momma and I took the kids over to McDonalds for lunch and let them play on the outside playplace for a looooonnnngggg time! We all had such fun.
I'm thinking that it must have been St Patrick's Day from all the green that everyone was wearing. Soon enough, it was time for grandma to head back home and for us to finish up our month here in Kentucky.
Brian headed off to Lexington for an overnight stay for his speech and debate state competition. He didn't place, but he had a fantastic time!
Soon enough it was time for Easter and dying eggs!
The kids are all big enough that only Katelynn needed help. All those years ago when we were in the thick of little kids, I never thought that we would get to that point, but somehow it arrived. Most of the kids are big and independent these days.
Just a random picture of Katelynn jumping on the trampoline downstairs. I love that our playroom down there is big enough for slides and trampolines so that the kids can get some energy out on cold winter days. :)
And with the end of March came the beginning of Spring. It came early this past year! Must have been because of all that warm weather we had.
Our popcorn tree (aka our cherry tree) looked so pretty with the pink blossoms!
1 comment:
Loved seeing this post and pictures of your Mom.
Post a Comment