Today was the first day of Christmas break here and so Weston and Brian made a ginger bread house. I just bought a kit instead of making it from scratch and it turned out really good. All I did was assemble the house and the boys decorated it themselves. They each got to do one side of the roof and house. Weston did the front and Brian did the back. They thought that it was great fun to decorate it all up! We will let it be our decoration for a few days and then they can eat it!! :)
Here they are busy at work!!
Here they are busy at work!!
Weston and Brian decorating. The jar that Weston is reaching into is a little Christmas tree jar that has m&m's in them. The top comes off like a cookie jar, but it isn't big enough for cookies. Grandma Yorke gave it to us last year.

Here is the finished house. I think that they did a great job!
Well, after looking over these pictures, I guess that I should mention that we did these this morning and that the boys had not had their hair brushed yet!! Sorry about that. Its just what happens when you are on break.
10 comments:
HOW fun! I thought about buying one of those kits this year, but never did get around to it! Now I have a cold and don't feel like doing anything....so I am just letting Pierce overdose on TV! They did a great job on it!!!!!! It looks beautiful!
Amanda- I hope that you feel better soon. It is no fun being sick at Christmas time. Hopefully you will be over your cold in the next day or two.
Thanks Kristie:) I am sure I will be fine on Christmas (using positive thinking here!)
Where did you get your Gingerbread house kit?
I think that I got it at Target! I can't remember though! :)
The boys did a really nice job decorating....I never even noticed their hair...they're as cute and adorable as ever!!
By the way, I missed what the reason was that Weston went to the hospital...was it his asthma??
Weston and Brian made some very cute houses!! I think their hair looks fine. It looks like you guys are having a very nice Christmas up there in North Carolina.
:)
Aunt Shelly- Yes, it was for Weston's asthma. He has a bad attack every year at Christmas time. We thought that this year would be different since we were not going to TX, but I guess those asthma attacks don't care where you are!! :) He is feeling better though, thank goodness!
Kristie....I had to copy your good idea! I went to Target and got a Gingerbread kit:) I know it won't be as good as making it but I don't feel like doing all that work right now:) Today I feel great after being "down" with the cold for 3 days so P and I finally got out to do some errands. YEAH! And We got your package.....Thank you.....we will see if I make Pierce wait till Christmas to open it.....He is begging! That is why I can't put anything under the tree yet. Except for the books we open each night. Take care:) How is the weather there for christmas?? At least it cooled off here a bit:)
Amanda- I am glad that you are feeling better!! I hope that your ginger bread house turned out good. Weston and Brian loved doing ours. We are getting ready to make sugar cookies, once the dough has chilled. The weather is cooler here (upper 50's low 60's) but rainy. It is supposed to rain pretty well all the way up until Christmas!! I am glad that you got the package in time!! Merry Christmas!
Kristie...I forgot to say I love how much you are blogging:) I live through the blogs:) Sad, I know....but true!
Post a Comment