background

Monday, December 04, 2006

Goodbye Lake Cunningham!!!!

As many of you know, our house is selling. We will be headed back to finish the packing and clean and close!! The closing will be a week from today. In some ways, I am very happy that our house has finally sold and that the stress of this whole thing will be winding down. In other ways I am sad. Sad to leave all the good friends that I have made in FL. Sad to not have the beach close by anymore and a pond to fish in, in my own back yard! Sad to not be able to walk to the school, or pool, or whatever. Sad to leave, but happy that I have some good memories from our 2 and a half years there. So- as this will be my last post until I get back, I thought that I would share some pictures of what our house looked like since most of you have not seen it in person. It has been a great house and we have really enjoyed living there. When I moved there, I never thought that I would have been sad to leave, but I am. I wish that our move was taking us closer to family, but I guess that is not what the Lord has in mind for us right now. Until the time comes that we get to be closer, I will just trust in the Lord and know that he will direct my life and path for good. He knows better than I do. And in the meantime, I will enjoy all of the new and exciting experiences that the Lord is blessing me with everyday!!!! Goodbye Lake Cunningham and goodbye Florida!!

Our house!! These pictures were taken in January of this year (so they are almost a year old) when we thought that we were going to move to West Palm Beach and put up our house FSBO!! We lived in a cul-de-sac and LOVED it!!!!!!


This was taken from our back porch, looking out to the pond! There are pond everywhere in FL- that is where all the run off water goes!! In our sub-division, they stocked the ponds once a year! Click on the picture to make it bigger so that you can see the pond. The fence is kind of hiding it! Oh- and the little green tree that is just inside the fence is the orange tree that we planted when we moved in!!


This is the formal living room- more commonly referred to as "the piano room." This is where I kept most of my girly things!!!! Had to have one girly room in a house full of boys!!! This is obviously where I did piano lessons. It was a great room for lessons too because the kids could play in the family room while I did the lessons in here.


Our formal dining room. Hardly ever got used!! Our beautiful table was bought at a garage sale just down the street for $100!! What a steal. Half the chairs still had the plastic from the manufacturer on it!! It had hardly been used. I just love garage sales!!! :)

 Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I can see why you would be sad:( But I know you will make new fun memories in your new home:) That table was the biggest deal EVER! What a nice home!

Debi said...

Farewell to the Florida house!!! Hello Carolina!!! I loved your house,too, especially the back yard. Well, look at it this way, one of these days some big daddy alligator is going to infiltrate that pond, then some momma....before you know it the place will be crawling with alligators....NO!! I don't want my grandbabies to be eaten by alligators.....SOOOOOO, better to move to N. Carolina for awhile. :)

Debi said...

You forgot to mention that your piano was a "grande" sale item, too! I forget how much that cost, but I remember it was a bargain.

Kristie said...

It was a bargain at $300! It needed some fixing, but Daddy did that after they told me that it was going to be $1000 to fix it! It is not every day that you find a grand piano for $300. I have had lots of good blessings!!!

Amanda said...

wow---you are the bargain finder!!!!!

Amanda said...

I know you are gone...but I am totally missing your blog updates:( Come back!!!!!

Heather said...

I hope everything goes well with your trip!

Debi said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!