background

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nightly Family Project

Ever since Monday night, the boys and I have been working very hard on a project. (Barth would have helped too if he was in town!!) Weston got this K'nex double farris wheel from Grandma and Grandpa Yorke for his birthday and we have been working very hard to put it together. Every night I have put Aaron to bed early and then the boys and I have worked on following the construction plan. So far we have put in an hour on it each night and it is really coming along. At first Weston needed lots of help to figure out what went where. Now he tells me, "I don't need help Mommy, you can just be the part lady!!" So I help set out the parts and he gets to work!! Brian uses the unused parts to build other things until Weston needs them. The whole thing is just about done. We have one whole wheel done and in the next day or two, the whole thing should be finished. It is really cool because it has a motor and everything that makes the farris wheel turn around. Here are some pictures of the boys working hard on their projects!!!

The boys with their creations.
Weston getting ready to do some serious building. Notice the parts laid out by the nice "part lady!" All Weston needs to do now is assemble.
Here is the one wheel that we finished tonight. Looks pretty cool in the picture but it is even cooler in person!!! Yea Weston!! Great job building!!!!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks really cool!!!! WOW! You guys have been working Hard:) How fun!!!

Jessica G. said...

I always wanted one of those! What is the recommended age on that? Are they magnetic?

Kristie said...

The recommended age is 8 yrs, but Weston has done just fine with it. They are not magnetic, you kind of snap them together. There are ones that are bigger that are meant for younger kids that we have had too and my kids love them. Its always fun to build a creation!!!

Shelly's Space said...

Good job Kristie and boys!! They are alot of work to put together!!K'NEX are one of Joshuas favorite things. He has the ferris wheel and the rollercoaster (which stands 5 feet tall and has real cars that run on it.

Debi said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, DAUGHTER DEAR!!!! I Love you!!! You are a great mother :)