background

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Am I really that old?!!

Tonight at dinner, out of the blue, Weston starts talking about trick-or-treating. He asks, "If someone doesn't give us any candy on Halloween, does that mean that we go back to their house later and play a trick on them?"
My reply, "They probably did that in the old days, but we don't do that now. We want to be nice."
Weston then asks as serious and unassuming as can be, "So you used to do that, right?"
At which point Barth begins laughing so hard that he can't even eat!!!
Oh man! I think I just got about 4 gray hairs from that one!!!!! :) To think that I was alive in the old days.......

2 comments:

Debi said...

Welcome to the ranks of the old ones from the "Olden Days." Most parents reach that point sooner or later. Didn't you think your dad and I grew up in the "olden days?" Yes, you have to admit it. :)

Chris said...

I have more gray hair than that so does that mean I was around in the reeeeally old days?
Don't you love how kids can connect the dots with their little minds!