background

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter festivities

Well, there is still one more day of our vacation to blog, but I will pause to show you our Easter weekend festivities!! On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. The boys had a great time and were so excited that they got an entire dozen eggs to themselves. Amber was a little mad that she didn't get to dye them, but she got a cookie, so it was all good!! :)
See, she doesn't look too sad that she has to eat a cookie instead! :) And she got to sit in the high chair so that she could see all the happenings.
The boys all wrote stuff on their eggs. It was fun to hear them talk back and forth telling each other that they were going to make an egg for the other person. It seems to me that Brian is looking more and more grown up these days!
Here is Weston showing us the grass that he drew on an egg. I think that he should have dyed it green if it was grass!! :O
The kids woke up Easter morning to baskets that the bunny had left them. The boys each got a book, a few trinkets and some candy which is already gone!!!! Amber got candy, chalk and a bunny!
I had hoped to get a picture of the children before church, but I ran out of time!!! Amber wore this pretty dress that her Daddy picked out for her. She has him wrapped around her finger!! She wore her pretty braids to church, but by the time the egg hunt rolled around in the afternoon, she had slept on them!
This was the one and only time that Amber had the eggs in her basket. She preferred to hold them in her hands. She kept calling them a ball and throwing them all over the place. Needless to say, those are the first eggs that we ate because they were so cracked!!!
Here are the bigger boys out hunting eggs in the backyard. As you can see, they needed jackets. It did get up to about 57 yesterday, but it was still chilly outside. Gone are the days like in TX and FL where I could dress the kiddos up in cute short outfits with sweater vests~ unless I want them to freeze that is!! Easter time is a bit chillier here!
Aaron found the one out by the tree!
Here we are looking for the last of the eggs. As you can see, we are just starting to get some leaves on the trees. It is supposed to be warmer this week!
I wanted to get a picture of Amber and Barth together in this dress that he picked out for her, but she was having none of that!! I will just have to content myself for the time being with this cute one of them walking side by side!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter!!!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Those are such cute pictures!! Thanks for walking us through your Easter festiities! I especially like that last one with Barth and Amber walkin along together. :)

Amanda said...

Barth and Amber walking is VERY cute:) I just love how you guys have the woods in your back yard!!! I don't think I will ever stop saying that:)

Shelly's Space said...

I have also been catching up on your blog....what a fun vacation you had and CONGTATULATIONS on the new baby:) Your family is so sweet! Looks like your Easter was slot of fun....what a great yard to hide the eggs. So sad, we didn't even color eggs this year, but the Easter Bunny still came:) I love Ambers dress...so dainty.