background

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The Big 1-0!!!!

I can hardly believe it! Where has all the time flown by to?!! Our sweet little Weston is growing up fast! Today he is 10 years old. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital and thinking that he would never get here!!! And then, there he was with all that dark hair!!! I can remember thinking that he was so small. :) Now, he is double digits!!! One whole decade!! TEN!!!! Oh my!
So, for his birthday, here are 10 things that I love about Weston!!!
1. His compassion for others. He is always concerned for others and how they feel. There have been many times when he has done something for no other reason other than the fact that it would make me happy!
2. His cheerful personality! He is positive and upbeat and I don't think I have ever heard him say that he was bored!
3. His love of knowledge and learning. He loves to read and, 9 times out of 10, you will catch him with some non-fiction book in hand learning everything he can about a given subject!! (I think he knows more than I do!!! :O)
4. His love of the gospel. He loves his Savior and he loves the scriptures. I don't think that I could ask for anything better than this!!!
5. He is a peacemaker. He is certainly not perfect and will squabble with this brothers, but he is more often than not the peacemaker in our family and likes to find solutions to the problems!
6. His willingness to overcome his fears. Weston (unlike me) gets stage fright quite easily. And so, to overcome this, he decided that he would begin bearing his testimony on Fast Sundays so that he would not be so afraid to be in front of a crowd. I don't think that he has missed a Sunday since he made that goal! He still gets nervous, but it is less than it was before.
7. His love of writing. From an early age, Weston loved to write. At any given time, you can find some corner of our house that has got some paper that Weston is writing on. Sometimes it is stories. Other times it is a newspaper. He loves to make lists. He even makes up games and writes down all the rules. You name it, he has it written down!!
8. His absent-minded-ness!!! He is a typical absentminded professor!!!! :) You can ask him to bring you the pen that he just set down and he won't be able to locate it anywhere!! Even when it is right under his nose. Ask him any kind of mathematical equation and he can spout it out in 3 seconds flat, but ask him when his project is due and he has no earthly idea!!! I love it!! :)
9. His love of music! He loves to sing and play the piano and whistle and hum! It is fantastic and music to my ears!!!!
10. The fact that he is the most wonderful oldest son that a mom could ask for and that he will be mine for all eternity!! I am forever thankful for that! I am so thankful for Weston and all that he adds to our family. I am a lucky mother indeed that his little spirit was born into our family 10 years ago today!!!
Happy Birthday Weston!!!
We love you!!!!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Happy Birthday Weston!! :) What do I love about Weston? Everything! He is perfect just the way he is. :) I remember how excited he got when we caught grasshoppers together and how cute he looks when he jumps off the side of the pool. I love sitting next to him at dinner and playing "washing machine" together at the pool. I hope his birthday was special. XXOO to Weston!!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Weston!!! :) I hope that you had the best 10th birthday EVER! :) I love you! :) XOXOXOXOX!!!!

Shelly's Space said...

WOW!! Happy Birthday to a teriffic kid! Happy mothers day Kristie:)

Annette said...

Happy Birthday, Weston!!

Dave & Kami said...

I can't believe our boys are 10!! It's crazy like you said a whole decade! Hope he had a fun day! Miss him!

baby is evan is darling!! Love is cute blonde hair and blue eyes:)

Debi said...

We need another hair update blog...:) I'm sure Evan's hair must have grown a little since your last post.