This morning we were all playing downstairs in the playroom. Aaron and Amber had been busy "making" me food to eat. After doing that for a while, they decided that they wanted to make a few things for themselves. Amber brought her "meal" over to the little table and sat down to wait for Aaron. Then Aaron sat down with a "meal" of his own. Then, I was able to witness this sweet conversation between the 2 of them:
Amber: Don't forget to say prayers Anon (which is how she pronounces his name).
Aaron: Would you like to say it? Or do you want me to say it?
Amber: You can say it.
After Aaron prays over his plastic food, Amber then decides that she needs to say a prayer too. So, they fold their arms and bow their heads once again so that Amber can pray over the plastic food too.
Seriously, I think that it was one of the most touching things that I have seen in a while. It made me smile. It is moments like these that keep me going and help to remind me that I am doing a good job teaching my kids the things that they need to know and what is most important in life.....Jesus Christ!!! I am so thankful for my little ones. They all bring multitudes of smiles to my face every day!!!!! :)
3 comments:
that is so tender:)
AWWWWW......I can just picture it in my mind. :)
That is the sweetest thing ever...and I think it is a wonderful thing that even in play Aaron and Amber would think of Heavenly Father and patiently pray not one, but two prayers. :) What a beautiful example of love...it puts me in mind of the scripture "and a little child shall lead them..."
Post a Comment