background

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Famous Kentuckian

Why teachers choose the last week of school to make all the huge projects due is beyond me, but this week, Weston has had 2 MAJOR projects due! Today's project was that the kids had to choose a famous Kentuckian, do all this research on them, then dress like that person and give a presentation. Can you guess who Weston is? He is supposed to be Abe Lincoln!!! We got the top hat at Michael's and I made the bow tie from foam. I thought that he turned out quite cute!!! He was so excited about it. :) He said that he wore his suit all day....even at recess when it was in the 80's outside. He looked mighty handsome. I was sure glad that one of the books that I had to buy back in the day for my Elementary Education literature class was the photo-biography of Abraham Lincoln. His birth place is just a few hours from here and both of the bigger boys have had a project where they had to do research on him this year. That book sure has come in handy! Today was Brian's track and field day and tomorrow is Weston's! It is hard to believe that there are only 5 more days of school left, and even harder to believe that if we hadn't had so darn many snow days that the kids would already be out!!! :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

so cute:) You guys must get out before us we go till the 4th. And that is really crazy to save big projects till the last week. That surprises me?! And it's interesting that the whole school does not do field day together like here.

Kristie said...

We have an enrollment of almost 1000 kids!!! So, they split up field day into 3 days. Kindergarten and 1st grade go the first day. 4th and 5th the second, and 2nd and 3rd the last! It is really cute because they assign 5th graders to take the other grades from station to station!!!! :)

ProudDaddy said...

I would have voted for him to be President. I am positive that he would make ALOT better president than most. I also just love the pictures of all the kids.

Debi said...

Weston is a GREAT Abe Lincoln! I can't wait until you are here. :)