background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I love you both!

Today I am thankful for my good parents! I am always thankful for them and all that they do for me, but today I am feeling especially thankful for all my blessings. You see, our old Bishop, whom Barth worked with so closely these past few years, is quite ill. Barth had been to see him several times up at the hospital, but the ICU is not a place for children, and since Barth was out of town this last week, today was the first time that I was able to go and see him. I had hoped to see his wife as well, but she was not there yet. Instead I got to talk with his son who is roughly the same age as my brothers. Although I am not a stranger to hospitals and have seen my fair share of people quite sick, I still was not prepared at how sick this dear man was or for how much visible pain he was in. As I stood there, I thought about how sad I would feel if it was my own father or mother in the bed instead of a friend. I knew that I would want to be there every minute. So today, I am glad that my parents are alive and well. I am thankful that I get to talk to my mom everyday, even if we are both quite busy. I am glad for the times when I call in the evenings and get to talk to my dad to see how he is doing. I am thankful that they raised me in the church and gave me correct principles that guide my every day life. I am thankful that they taught me, through example, to work hard and do my share. I am thankful that they taught me that honesty is always the best policy. I am thankful for their sacrifices in my behalf, both as a child, and even today! They are awesome people!!! The Lord has blessed me so much in my life. Thank you Momma and Daddy for being the excellent people that you are and for all that you have taught and done for me!! I love you both very, very much!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Thank you, thank you....but always remember this....children NEVER love their parents as much as their parents love them....:) I love you more than the mountains and higher than the sky....and I am very glad I picked you out of the "good pot." I hope Bro. F gets better and that you will continue to be there to help in any way possible during their trial.

Melissa said...

We DO have the best parents...and I am so thankful for them too! :) This is such a sweet post, Kristie. :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the beautiful post. I have a friend who lost her father unexpectantly. You don't expect to loose you parents until they have grown old gracefully, not when they are still young.
What a blessing we have a great relationship with our parents.