I wish I had some pictures to post with this, but the fact is, I haven't taken any this week, and..... while I was giving Brian his piano lessons this morning before school, Evan climbed on top of my computer desk (you know, like he scaled it) and got a hold of my camera. And then he tuned it on. And then, you know, dunked it in his bowl of cereal. With it on and the shutter open. Did I mention that I got it last year for my birthday and that means I haven't even had it a year yet? Anyway...... looks like I will just have to take my pictures with my phone for a bit until either mine dries out and begins working again (which is honestly not looking very good right now) or I get a new one. Who knows?!? Indeed, Evan is one busy little guy! :) Love him and his sweet blonde hair though!!!
This past week I had my tooth pulled. I have 4 baby teeth (okay so just 3 now) but a few years ago I had a cavity in one. Got it filled. Turns out, not all of the decay was gotten out. It got bigger under the filling until the filling fell out. I had it filled a year ago and they told me that I might have to have it pulled. But I was still hanging onto the hope that the tooth would last me. After 8 months of an infection in the gums above my tooth, I finally went in to the oral surgeon about getting an implant. That was a Thursday. They pulled my tooth the following Monday because I had a big abscess. I am thankful that the big filling put in a year ago had killed the nerve because the abscess didn't cause me any pain. The process of pulling,healing, placing the screw, healing and then getting the fake tooth of an implant in the upper jaw bone takes 8 to 9 months. Nice. I finally starting feeling better from my tooth being pulled around Saturday afternoon. I didn't really think it would take that long to feel better. I went to my dentist and he fitted me for a flipper. It is just like a retainer piece that fits in the roof of my mouth that has a tooth attached where mine is missing. It looks great when it is in. I like that I have it so I don't feel so self conscious, but it makes me feel like I have gum stuck on the roof of my mouth that I am hiding. :D Eating is very different. I am sure I will get used to it!
Last week, I also decided to paint out living/dining/ kitchen area. Our house still has the flat builder paint in it. After trying to touch up the walls right before I went to TX and then figuring out an hour later that it was the wrong paint and then trying to cover it with another paint that still wasn't the right color. (The can I had been using the last 4 years was getting to be like jello, but there were 2 other cans that they left that were "supposed" to match, or so I thought.) So, I decided that since my walls were now tri-colored, and I was going to have to paint anyway, that I needed something scrub-able!! The kitchen is done and I am now working on the bay in the dining area. Next will be the family room. I think that I will probably end up doing the entry way too.
Birthday season is about to be in full swing at our house and I decided that it would be fun to make Evan and Amber some cute little birthday outfits. I made Evan some shorts and a shirt that says, "I'm 2!" and Amber a skirt and a shirt that says, "I'm 4!" I just have one more thing left to do on Evan's before they are complete. :) That also means that I have been working on getting gifts for the kiddos.
School is in full swing which means homework and multiple school runs. Piano lessons. Reading with Aaron. Scouts on multiple nights and lots of busy things. I am enjoying it. I prefer to be busy. Hopefully, my camera dries out and de-funkifies (not sure if that is a word, but it was looking pretty bad this morning but slightly more promising tonight - although the shutter still doesn't open and it still isn't telescoping, but at least the screen on the back turns on when I push the power button.) soon! Until then........Happy almost Labor Day!
5 comments:
And a Happy almost Labor Day to you too, sister sue! :) Hopefully the camera is able to be resurrected! Sounds like you are one busy lady over there these days...
This post made me tired just reading all of the things going on at your house. Hope the camera heals itself soon!
Oh, I like the word defuncifies....how about defuncification? That sounds pretty cool, too. :)
Oh my goones...can i have some if ur energy???? Maybe u dont have the energy...maybe just the drive? i need some of it! the tooth....painting.... Birthdays....anyone of those things would be enouh at once. Big bummer about the camera:( children destroy things...not on purpose...but i have learned they somehow do. Man... I need to catch ur painting bug. What color did u paint? just take phone pics for us..they r better than nothing:)
And i cant believe u have baby teeth left!
Post a Comment