background

Friday, June 22, 2012

Lego City

For over a week, we had been seeing signs all around town about a Lego City coming to one of the local middle schools as a fund raiser.  Brian had been begging and begging to go.  So, last Saturday, when I was heading out to do some Father's Day shopping, Barth suggested that I take Brian with me and that we head on over to see the Lego City!  Brian absolutely loved it!!  You can see it behind him in the background.  The pictures don't do it justice.  It really was quite a cool thing to see.  This was one man's collection that he came and set up for the kids to see.

There were all sorts of things to see.  There was city hall, and trains.  Pirate ships and lots and lots of cool lego people.  The trains ran and they had an amusement ride replica that went up and down.  It was a lot of fun to stand there and look at each individual thing.  There was so much there and so many little details.
When you went in, they handed you a paper of guys to find.  If you found at least 15, you could enter to win a prize.  Brian didn't win anything, but it was still fun to look for everyone.  In the end, we decided that we wouldn't leave until we had found all the lego guys.  In the end, we did find every single one of them!!  :)  It was especially fun since it was just Brian and I.  I didn't have to worry that Evan would climb up and destroy something.  I think that while some of the others would have enjoyed it too, it is nice sometimes to just have a little one on one time with each of the children!  It was a time well spent!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun thing! looks very cool and I can imagine it looked way better in person!

Debi said...

:) Looks fun! :)