Yesterday was the last day of Day Camp for Brian. It was the hottest day of the week. It got up to 90. At 3:15 the dens were to perform their skits or songs that they had written. We (the kiddos and I) arrived at 3 just as everyone was heading back to their den boxes around the flag pole. The skits and things didn't even begin until about 3:45 and so Brian took Weston around to show him a few of the places close by while the rest of us stood in the shade. The top picture if of Brian's den- den 10!
Brian preferred to wait in the shade when he could. Den 10 was lucky. They had this nice big tree right behind their group. No one else was as lucky. Their leader, Mr Chip, encouraged the boys to be back in the shade as much as possible so they didn't get too hot. He was a nice man. Behind Brian you can see the outdoor cooking station. YOu can just see the logs for the campfire at the right hand side of the picture and the shade tent over the table where they ate their goodies. Further back through the trees behind Brian is a creek where the boys did their daily fishing. Brian only caught one fish while he was there, a little sunfish, but he enjoyed it every day.
Here is another picture of the den from the back, but at another angle. At the end of this long field/ clearing area was the b-b gun and archery range. At the beginning, Brian didn't like that station at all. The first day he only hit the paper for the guns twice (or something like that) and didn't get any arrows at all. By the last day, all his arrows hit the target and he got the most gun shots on the target with 42. He shot 6 bulls eyes on the target with the b-b gun on the last day. He loved it in the end!! :)
Here is Brian's den doing their "song." The dens could choose to do a song or a skit. Lots of the groups did skits, but Brian's den wrote a song. It was pretty cute and even talked about stinky feet. :) So typically boy!!!
During camp, they asked the boys to bring in school supplies to help out families in need for the fall. There was a contest between dens to see who could get the most. The top 5 dens (out of 18) got to put pies in Mrs Ruth's face. She was one of the 2 heads of the camp. Brian's den came in first place for the school supplies. But also, and I think, more importantly, Brian's den was also awarded as the most respectful den at the camp!!! :) Way to go Den 10! It was a fun week at camp for Brian! Hopefully he can go next year too!!!
3 comments:
Ahhh sounds like a big success!
I always wonder why they put pies in faces for awards....For some reason I just don't like that. But I wasn't there...maybe it had a different vibe there and it was all in good fun.
The pictures show how beautiful it is in Kentucky! I love them. :) I'm glad Brian's troup got the most respectful...a bunch of LDS ought to be respectful. :) I completely agree with Amanda...throwing pies in faces doesn't seem respectful. Neither does throwing wet sponges at peoplle....but boys sure do like to do those things! Oh well...as long as their respectful at the right times, I guess.
This is a great diversion. Thanks!
(Also, you know me...I meant to say LDS BOYS....and also, I know that they're is the correct contraction, not their ..."as long as they're respectful." Oh well, you probably didn't even notice.)
Post a Comment