background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

News from our Zoo! :)

I don't have any new pictures for today, but thought that I could at least give you all an update on what we have been up to the last few days.  Aaron was all better and fever free on Sunday but we kept him home from church just in case.  That Tamiflu is some great stuff!!  I am thankful that we got it!  Sunday, Brian came home from church and asked me to turn on the heat (it was already on) because he was cold.  Yep, he came down with the flu too.  Monday we went to the doctor's office and we got some Tamiflu for him as well as some Zofran so that he would actually be able to keep the medicine down.  Those are miracle drugs I tell ya!  By yesterday he was feeling better in the afternoon.  He still had a little bit of a temp, but it is all gone today.  He will go back to school tomorrow.  It was very short as far as the flu goes!  I am waiting to see if anyone else will get it, or if we are all done.  I smell like clorox wipes all the time because I am busy washing and sanitizing everything around the clock.  And I wash my hands about a bazillion times a day.  But really, I do not want to catch the flu!  :)

When I went to my OB appointment last week, the doctor was concerned about where my placenta was placed and worried that I might have placenta accreta.  He was worried that the placenta, since it implanted on my previous c-section scars, could grow through my uterine wall and cause lots of trouble.  So, I had an MRI last Friday to check things out.  It was all normal, thank goodness!!!  No more worries in that department.  I also did my glucose check last week, which I failed.  That means that tomorrow I have to go in for the 3 hour fasting one.    I failed the short test with Evan too, but passed the long one just fine.  I am not too worried.  I also set the date for my c-section this week.  The baby will be born on May 28th.  The c-section time is 10am.  This will be the longest I have ever carried a baby.  She will be born just 3 days before my due date.  Because of some of the new laws passed in conjunction with Obamacare, the soonest you can have a planned c-section is one week before your due date.  But, my doctor is out of town Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for Memorial Day weekend.  That left me with Tuesday the 28th.  Not really what I wanted, but I am sure I will survive!!  :)  We don't have a name picked out yet, but we have narrowed it down to 4 names, which will probably change half a dozen times before she gets here in May!!!  Right now the front runners in the name department are: Kylie, Katelyn, Brooklyn, and Candace.  Who knows what we will actually name her?!?  :)  We still have lots of time to decide.

Tomorrow Weston starts his clinic for his select band that he was selected for a few months back.  The clinic will be Thursday evening, all day Friday (we don't have school on Friday), and Saturday morning.  The concert in early Saturday afternoon.  I will be sure to post some pictures, but video is not allowed at the concert since they will be taping it professionally!  I can't wait to hear the concert!

Besides that, things are just chugging along.  We are busy and happy.  It is still cold most of the time here.  We woke up to an inch of snow this morning on the ground.  No school delay though!  March is turning out to have more snow than February did!!  :)  Soon enough it will be April though and Spring will be here!  I can't wait for a little bit warmer weather.  I think that is it for us!  That is the news from our zoo!!!  :)

2 comments:

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

:) I already knew all this newsy news, but thanks for posting. :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting the news for me:) so glad we have miracle drugs! And glad everything turned out well with the MRI. Hope the glucose test goes well:)