We had a great day today at Brian's competition. :) They did a great job on their skit. He didn't get to do the spontaneous this time. It was a verbal problem and since there were 7 kids on the team and only 5 can do that part, he sat this one out. He didn't mind though. It was fun for me to spend time with just him. I was able to tape his skit this time, but it was in a large auditorium and although it was easy enough for us to hear the kids, you can't really hear them on the video. I tried to upload it, but it failed. I will have to try again later. We went back this evening for the awards ceremony. This time though, his team did not place in the top 3. They gave medals for the top 3 and the top 2 teams continue on to the World OM competition. After the awards ceremony was done, we headed over to the score sheet and saw that his team placed 5th overall. Not bad. Brian was a little disappointed that they didn't place (although it was good news to me since the competition was at the same time that I am going to be having the baby!) but we went and got a concrete mixer (or an ice cream with mix-ins) from Culvers to celebrate what a great time he had participating in Odyssey of the Mind!! He really, really enjoyed everything about it! He has already said that he wants to do it again next year. :) It's always good when our kiddos can find things to do that they love.
As a side not, today was a MUCH better day for Aaron!!! The Tamiflu is really helping! This afternoon after I got back with Brian, Aaron asked if he could go and play. It was the first time since Wednesday that he has wanted to move off of the couch. He continued to improve as the afternoon went on! He wanted to eat today and everything! I am thankful. I will stay home from church with him tomorrow, but the way things are looking, he should be good to go back to school on Monday! I am so glad. :)

2 comments:
Brian looks happy:) That's great that he wants to do it again! Yum to the frozen custard concrete. We have a mom and pop shop here that does that.....and the custard is so good:) but braums is much cheaper and the boys like it even better...lol...so i never get my custard. Thats okay;) so glad to hear the tami flu is working. I am sure he would still be down and out without it....someone from church that had the flu and did not get tamiflu bc their insurance refused to pay for it...and it cots them something like $250......but their little girl took like 7-10 days to even start feeling better.
So glad brian was well and got to do his OM!
I think it's great that Brian is following in his mommy's footsteps and doing OM. :) Glad Aaron is feeling better! :) Love you!
Post a Comment