About a month ago, I saw some fun snowboards on clearance sale at Target for $5. I thought that they would be fun for the boys, so I got 2 thinking that perhaps they could use them next year. Well, this past Wednesday we had a pretty good snowfall and we got to try them out this year instead. The kids were off of school, and Barth worked from home in the morning so that I could go to my OB appointment. He and the boys shoveled the driveway for me and then Barth had me get the camera so that he could snap a few pictures of the boys snowboarding on the hill!!
I came out to watch and got a few picture on my phone of the boys! (You can see me on the porch.) The boys had a grand time out there snow boarding. Aaron had already come in. He didn't stay out that long. Probably because he had the flu and I wasn't aware of it yet, I just thought that he had a cold. And Evan doesn't really like to go out in the snow. I'm not really sure why, but he likes to stay in when it snows.
The boys started out on the small part of the hill but eventually worked their way up to the steeper part over by the front door. Brian got the hang of it very fast!! He loved it!!!!
Brian is in the green coat and Weston is in the red and black coat.
They had so much fun! I am so very glad that I got the snow boards when I was at Target! They are just beginner and plastic ones, but they boys really did love them and had a great time.
Amber was actually out there with the boys too. She watched them for a while and then went to climb the snow fort. The boys love to build the snow forts when it snows. They like to shovel the driveway up to the basketball goal and make their forts.
It was a fun day! Thankfully the roads were relatively clear by the time I went to the doctor at 10:45. I had to go so that I could do my one hour glucose test. I failed it! The cut off was 135 and my blood sugar was a 174. I now have to go over to the hospital this week and have the long and boring 3 hour test done! Yuck! Hopefully we will be well soon so that I can get that done. And I will also make sure that they get my blood type blood draw while I am there since it wasn't ordered with my initial blood work and the doctor's office has been bugging me to go and get it done! :) Tomorrow is the big OM state competition day! Brian is excited!! I am thankful that Barth will be home to take care of our Aaron since he is still quite sick! I actually think that he was worse today than yesterday, but that may be because he was throwing up today as well. He mostly rested and slept today. I am hoping that he gets to feeling better soon!!!
2 comments:
the snowboards look very fun and cool. what a bummer that you failed the glucose test i hope you pass the 3 hour one! Poor aaron:( keep us updated on how he's doing.
Fun snowboards! Give Aaron a little hug from Grandma.... Good luck on your test.
Post a Comment