I wanted to take a few minutes to jot down a few of the details surrounding Katelynn's birth and stay in the hospital that I wanted to remember. Above was right after I had her. As far as things go, the c-section was relatively uneventful for the most part. I had a good anesthesiologist and I didn't even get the shakes this time around. That was the first time ever!! But, when she was born, they found that she had the cord wrapped around her neck twice!! Thank goodness it was a c-section delivery. She has been a crier since the start. She cried the entire time she was in the operating room after she was delivered!! She has a good set of lungs on her and lets us know when she wants something for sure!! She has a tiny head. Or at least compared to my other kids, her head is tiny. And perfect. And so sweet and kissable!!
The kids are totally in love with her. Especially Amber and Evan! Weston is always begging to hold her too! He must be a baby person!! Just this morning, Katelynn was being good in the glider so Evan and Amber came over to say hello to her and talk to her since she was awake. When she started to fuss, Amber said, "It's okay. Sister is here!" It was really sweet. Evan, on the other hand said, "Baby Katelynn cries a lot!" :) My stay in the hospital was good for the most part. I had a harder time controlling the pain this time around and I am still having a bit of trouble with that. There were a few exciting things that happened while I was in the hospital though. The first being that there was a fire somewhere in the hospital right after Katelynn was born!! We were back in the recovery part after having her, when, across the loud speakers, they kept calling "code red!" When I asked what that was about, the nurse informed me that it meant that there was a fire somewhere in the hospital. All the doors were locked down except for the emergency exits. It never did effect us, but I thought that it was funny that there would be a fire in the hospital when I had a baby since there was also one when I was born!! :)
The night before we went home was also an eventful one. Katelynn was awake every 2 hours round the clock nursing, so I was surprised when, at 5 am, the nurse aide (you know the one that comes to take your temp and blood pressure) looked into our bathroom and asked if we had been having trouble with our drains and toilet. I looked into the bathroom since the door was open, to see that there was sewage backed up onto our floor through the shower drain and that the toilet had also obviously overflowed as well!!! Yuck, yuck, and more yuck!!! I said, that no, we had not had any trouble until that point and that I had just gone to the bathroom at 3am with no trouble. They shut the door to the bathroom and the plumber was called. I had to go to the bathroom, so I had to walk way down the hall to go to the one for the nurses that was on the other side of the hall and on a different line than our toilets. There was lots of commotion at about 6:30 or 7 and a hustle and bustle of people in our room checking things out. They asked if we wanted to change rooms, but since we were set to leave in just a few hours, we said no, and left the door shut. By this time, they were cleaning the bathroom out with lots and lots of bleach and cleaners!! They then mopped the floors a few times as well! Like I said, very memorable!!!! Not one that I would like to have repeated!! I was glad to be leaving that afternoon.
It took forever for my doctor to come due to the fact that my nurse would not let them know that I was ready to go, but we were finally able to leave that afternoon. We got home in the late afternoon! My bed never felt so good! I was glad to be home, surrounded by my sweet little family. I was so thankful that Barth was able to be with me at the hospital night and day to help me take care of Katelynn since there was no nursery. :) I was also thankful that the Yorke's were here to take care of the other children while we were in there! We were also able to get our dryer fixed while I was in the hospital as well as our dryer line cleaned out. The dryer venting line was clogged up that runs under our kitchen floor and out of the house under our deck. That was what had caused the heating element to overheat, crack, and go out!! I am thankful that all of the craziness that happened just before and during our hospital stay with having Katelynn, is behind us now!! I am feeling better today with all my medications that I am taking, and hopefully tomorrow they will tell me that my infection looks better as well so that I can be on the mend!!!
3 comments:
Yea! I love hearing all about everything (again), especially because that means you are doing okay today. :) Maybe you should try wrapping something around Katelynn's neck (loosely) so she will sleep a little better. Apparently she is used to it. :) (just kidding!)
I loved reading all the details!!!!! So glad things are going in the right direction. I would not have enjoyed that toilet problem! Its so nice to be at home and not bothered and being checked all night and day! Hope u feel a lot better soon! And i love what amber said. I bet she will be saying that a lot through the years;)
Congratulations Kristie!!!! You and baby are beautiful. I wish we could be there to meet her in person.
Post a Comment