Sunday evening we had Aaron's baptism. It was supposed to be on Saturday morning at 11am. Saturday morning came and Aaron said he was feeling sick. I figured it was just nerves or he was hungry or something. So we planned on still having it. I got everything all ready for the day. I ironed Aaron's clothes. I baked the brownies. We were all set to go. Barth had gone early to get things ready and to fill the font. I was coming last minute with Aaron and the other kids since Aaron was not feeling well. We had him dress in his jump suit so that we could just go right in and do the baptism. I was almost halfway to the church (which is 30 minutes away) when I realized that I had forgotten Aaron's clothes to change into. I turned around and called Barth to tell him that we might be a minute or 2 late. We got almost home when Aaron calls from the back seat of the van, "Mommy, I don't think we should have the baptism today. I'm feeling really, really sick!!" And just like that, he threw up. All over his jump suit and the back of the van. We made it to the garage, and he hopped out of the car. He threw up about 3 more times before he made it in to the bathroom. I called Barth and told him we had to cancel. We hoped that if he was feeling better later in the day that we would be able to have his baptism the next day before Grandma and Grandpa had to go home. Turns out, that was the only time he was sick. He felt fine by the evening!! Thank goodness. Barth stayed at church to tell people that the baptism was not going to happen that day. So, by Sunday morning all was well! We had Katelynn's blessing in the morning, and then Aaron's baptism at 7 that evening! It turned out great!!
We were thankful that Grandma and Grandpa Yorke were able to come for Aaron's special day. We missed Grandma and Grandpa Whitley, but were glad that we were able to see Grandma earlier in the summer when Katelynn was born!
Katelynn had been sleeping, so we left her in her car seat in hopes that she would keep sleeping. It was nice to get a family picture. It is hard to get everyone looking at the same place at the same time with a big family! We all love Aaron so much!!
Barth and I are so pleased with Aaron and his good decision to be baptized!! I am thankful for his decision to follow Christ and to become a member of his church. He has a sweet and strong testimony and a love for his Savior. I am very thankful for that. He is a good example to others and spreads the gospel by telling everyone that he wants to be a missionary when he grows up.
For his baptism, Brian gave a talk on being like Jesus. Weston gave a talk on Baptism. Daddy performed the baptism. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Grandma and Grandpa gave the prayers. We had some yummy cupcakes and brownies as treats afterwards. It was such a nice evening! I love Aaron and am so thankful for him in our family!!
3 comments:
Aaron's baptism is one that will be talked about in your family for years to come! I'm glad Aaron was finally able to be baptized. You should have had Amber sing a song.... :) Congratulations to Aaron. He took a good step in the right direction in Heavenly Father's plan.
Amber & Evan should have sang a song, that is....It would have been sweet.
Wow u guys do baptism different in ur stake. There is only one saturday a month where all the kids in the stake are baptised together. I am glad aaron was well and could still do his baptism that weekend! I think u got a pretty good famliy picture there, you look great Kristie:)
Post a Comment