background

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Ice and Snow

 Like I said before, Friday, we had quite a bit of ice and then the snow started just before it started to get dark.  And when it decided to snow, it fell fast and furious!!!  :)  The kids quickly got on all their gear and headed outside.  I didn't think that Evan would want to since he was sick, but he did.
 The bigger kids shoveled the driveway to help earn Christmas money.  :)  Weston shoveled his snow to the basketball goal that we had put on its side this past week due to high wind and that we hadn't gotten back upright yet.  It made a perfect spot for his fort!!
 Aaron shoveled his snow into a big snow lump by the flower bed!
 Amber wanted me to follow her so that I could see something cool.  I thought that it was neat how the flash caught the snowflakes.  It was snowing fairly hard at this point but the flakes were pretty small.
 Make this one bigger and you can see her snow angel that she had called me over to see in the snow!  :)
 Then she wanted to make a few more.
 Evan wanted to join her!  :)
 Isn't it just so beautiful out there?
 Then these two wanted to do angels side by side.  So sweet
 Evan couldn't let his brothers have all the shoveling fun!!  He had to join in.
 Take a picture of me Mommy!  The hats, gloves, and scarves that we got from Auntie M so many years ago have certainly come in handy!!!  :)
 Building up the forts!!  I didn't get a good shot of Brian really.  He did almost half the driveway by himself!  He is a great helper!
 It was getting dark fast, but then the kids decided to get out the sleds and snowboards.  Here is Brian snowboarding down the hill.  He is really quite good at the snowboarding bit!!
 The kids didn't get to play in the snow all that long, but they did on Saturday.  Saturday was cold with a high of only like 24, but at least it was sunny!!  We got more snow this morning and they are calling for more sleet and freezing rain tonight.  So far it hasn't been bad.  They only held one hour of church this morning and then we went home.  The snow was falling fast and the road was slick.  We opted to go home on the highway which was better.  Barth and Weston had to shovel and salt the driveway to get us up it!!  And then a little later he headed out to help our neighbors across the street push their friend's car up the street since it hadn't been salted again yet and was all snowy!!
And lastly, for fun, I thought that I would show how our new picture looks up on the fireplace.  I also got Katelynn's stocking sewn and up as well!!  I was glad for a snowy weekend so that I could finish up the Christmas decorating!!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

The pictures are as pretty as something you would see in a book. The kids look like the are bundled up warm and like they are having skads of fun. :) I notice many of your pictures are taken from the porch....did you get out there to play with them at all?

Amanda said...

Pierce would love to be out there learning to sled and snowboard! Man u do have the perfect yard for that:) it is pretty.......but i dont mind being in a warmer climate;) i love ur stockings:) the stocking my mom made me as a child looks very similar to yours. Ur picture looks great above the stockings.