Amber loved going to the nutcracker so much last year, that we decided to go again this year as a special treat!!! :) We went to the matinee at 2 pm. That meant that we had time to go and get a bite to eat at a place downtown that Daddy recommended before the show started! Amber was so happy about it being just us girls. I always love when I have a little one on one with my kiddos. There were chips and salsa that came out once you sat down. Amber swore that they tasted like her beloved pasta salad. :) She had fun telling me all about her friends and school and what she was hoping for this Christmas.
Then we headed over to the place where the show was going on. We were lucky enough to see some ballerinas before the show started! Amber was sooooo happy to be seeing the show.
The Aronoff Center was all decorated up for Christmas! It was so pretty!
This one is a little washed out, but we then found our seats and Amber loved looking through the program. She wanted to know who was dancing what part. There was a little girl and her mom that sat right behind us that was Amber's age. Once the show was done, we waited because they were having a special thing at that time where you could go up on the stage and meet the dancers!! Since we were WAY up high, we were the very last of the people to see the dancers. As we stood in line, Amber chatted with the little girl. They were fast friends by the time they parted! :)
Meeting the dancers was the highlight of her trip to the ballet. :) She wanted a picture with all the dancers! Even the fun gingerbread man!
Then she got to meet Clara at the beginning, her brother, and the mouse king!
Next was the sugar plum fairy and king as well as Clara's dog! Amber said that this was her favorite ballerina. She liked the costume of the flower queen best, but she liked the beautiful dancing that these 2 did the best of all in the entire show!
Lastly, she got to meet the Clara that was in the land of sweets as well as the Nutcracker! We had such a great time. I am thankful that I was blessed with a sweet girl that loves girly things. Amber was already asking if I thought that Katelynn would be big enough to go with us next year! Sweet thing!! :) Perhaps here in a few years!








2 comments:
What a special time with your girl. Amber is looking so much older than she looked in May. I can't wait to see all of you!
Looks like such a fun special day! I love that she wanted a picture with all the dancers. So precious! Love this post! I love how she asked about katelynn already!
Post a Comment