There was a chance to snow for today again, and we were woken up this morning at 5 by the call from school saying that it was cancelled for the day!! We were supposed to get up to an inch of snow and instead we got 3 inches. That meant that we now have 7.5 inches on the ground outside. There is still some ice on the trees too since we haven't gotten above freezing, but we are happy to have all the fun snow! The road was plowed at just before 11 this morning. The kids got out early and went to play in the snow around 10. Evan stayed in with me and Katelynn took a great nap. I went out to just snap a few pictures of the kids playing in the snow.
Brian was busy building up the snow lump to jump on the snow board!
Apparently Weston was giving snow boarding lessons to Amber and Aaron. They are getting surprisingly good at boarding down the hill!
Look at that girl go!!!
Weston was sledding on a new to us sled that we got from around the corner at a garage sale. He thought it worked great. :)
Aaron did really well on the snowboard too!!
Weston after a sledding run!! It was freezing out there! I think it was like 18 degrees and felt like 8 or something crazy like that. I can't believe that they stayed out for 2 hours!
My baby girl is growing up! When did that happen!?!
Brian working on his snow mound and eating snow all at the same time! He had lots of fun!
What a fun way to spend the day off of school!
Amber wanted to try a harder run on the snow board. She wanted to go down the steeper slope of the yard. Weston was so patient and kind with her and Aaron in teaching them. I think she only got a few feet before she fell!
Aaron's turn for the steeper run.
My sweet Bri Bri having fun in the snow.
Most of the morning was spent snowboarding and sledding.
Weston is such a good big brother!! I am so thankful for the good kids that I have!! They are kind and get along well for the most part! I am blessed!
Weston showing off his skills on the snow board! These were the best $5 things ever!!! I think if I see the snow boards on clearance again this year that I may just have to pick up a few more. So fun!
Brian is really good at snowboarding! Here he goes. He can do the hill really well and is even working on the jump (you know, that lump of snow he was working on) on the board. Most of the time he can do the jump and still stay on his feet. :) Go Brian!
The two big boys ready to take off!
All of the kiddos out front in the snow! Who needs to go to the slopes? We have our own in our front yard! :)
Go Brian!!
Evan didn't want to play outside. He just wanted to make pumpkin muffins. Katelynn took an unusually long nap today, so we had plenty of time to make our muffins, just the 2 of us! :) After he was done, he got to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version). It is his favorite!!
A little later Weston came to show me a huge icicle that he had gotten off of the house!! Wow, that thing is HUGE! All in all, we have had a fantastically fun morning!!!
3 comments:
I love the pics....especially weston with the huge icesicle! Looks like they are having a blast! At least ur roads look clear?!
The roads are pretty clear now that they are plowed and salted. Really, it is the salt that makes all the difference! I'm sure we will have school tomorrow. :)
Next Christmas you'll have to go to Gatlinburg ski lodge for Christmas instead of buying all those toys nobody needs! :) I bet the kids would love it...
Post a Comment