background

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

A Visit from Grandma!!!

 We were fortunate to have Grandma come this year for her entire Spring Break and then some!!!  :)  We had her here for 10 days!!  Unfortunately, I didn't take very many pictures while she was here.  It was so much fun to have her here though.  And thankfully, she brought the warm weather with her!!  We have had waaaayyyyyy too much cold weather this year!  While she was here, the other kids had band competitions, and Odyssey competitions, and field trips, and math practices and future problem solvers practices.  But she got to spend lots of time with the littler ones at home!  We went to the park one day after we picked up Amber from school.  And she helped me a LOT around the house!  
 The kids always love it when she comes.  She always showers them with love and attention!  They were supposed to have a day off of school while she was here, but since we had already had 14 snow days this school year, they took away all of the teacher workdays that were planned, so they ended up having to go to school.  
 She left on a Sunday afternoon, so we got a few pictures before she left with everyone.  Barth suggested we get one with she and I and all the kids!  :)
And we got one with her and all of her Kentucky grandkids!  Thanks so much for coming to see us!  We enjoyed playing outside with you, reading lots of stories with you.  Going to Wendy's and seeing the cool fire truck with you.  I enjoyed watching shows with you.  Visiting with you and having you see my Odyssey team.  I was glad you were here when Katelynn stood by herself for the first time and that you could see how much everyone is growing!  Summer isn't that far away!  We can't wait till we get to see you again!  Thanks for coming!  We enjoyed every minute of it!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like u had a busy but great visit:) love the group pictures;)

Debi said...

I am so glad I got to come for Spring Break. Heavenly Father is blessing me to let me have a wonderful family like yours and also let your dad have a job so I can come enjoy visiting with so often.