Since we have late church, we dyed our Easter eggs that morning before church. It was a nice way to spend time together and talk a little bit about Easter and Christ's sacrifice for us. The children enjoyed making their eggs their own. Each had a different idea of what they wanted to do!
As usual, each child got their own dozen hard boiled eggs. :) That makes for a lot of eggs, but since eggs are one of the few things that I can eat, I have really enjoyed having eggs for lunch every day!
This year we got dye that had glitter in it too! That was really fun until the end when Amber accidentally dumped the entire cup of blue, sparkly dye all over herself!!! The dye all came out (thankfully) but I still keep finding glitter in her hair!!
For me, the funniest part of the egg dying was Evan. Every time he put an egg in to dye, he would shout, "DIE egg!! DIE!!!" I tried explaining that this was a different type of dying, but he still didn't really get it. It was really funny though!
It was a great and relaxing morning at home!! Happy Easter!
2 comments:
I enjoyed seeing your fun egg dying! We didn't get to dying this year. We do it some years...other years we don't. my kids don't seem to miss it because they didn't even ask for it this year;) I can't believe you fit that in before church too! What time is your church?
:) Happy Easter! Love seeing the egg dying picture. Having 6 kids looks so easy over the internet....but I know better.
Post a Comment