background

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A few last pictures from our time with Grandma and Grandpa Whitley

Most of the time we were at my parents house, we visited and swam.  :)  That is just how I love it!  Also while we were there, we had Pierce over one night to spend the night.  The boys loved having him there!!  
One of the days at the very beginning of our time there, Aaron talked Grandma into making snickerdoodles.  :)  We make them at our house sometimes too, but I guess that I don't get nearly enough sugar and cinnamon on them, because Aaron really loves the way that Grandma does them!!  The kids enjoyed munching on those cookies all week long!
In true Grandma form, she had lots of yummy treats for the kiddos to eat while we were there!  I think she got enough for a family twice our size.  :)  Every time the kids turned around, she was asking if they wanted a cookie, or fruit snacks, or juice boxes!  She sure did spoil them while we were there!  It reminded me of when we used to go to my Grandma Whitley's house when I was little.  :)
While we were there, we also went for a walk to several parks close by.  Grandma and Grandpa live is such a great spot.  They have a spray park and quite a few other fun parks just right within walking distance of their house!  They even have a fun pond close by.  We tried to feed the ducks there, but they were just not hungry on the day we went!
We were so glad that we were able to visit them for 2 whole weeks!  We didn't think we were going to be able to come for that long this year, but then they changed the date for Brian's 11 yr old scout camp, and it freed up another week.  It is crazy to me that the 3 weeks that we were there in Texas were the only free weeks of our entire summer this year!!  So crazy!!!
Like I said, we had Pierce spend the night one of the nights we were there.  The boys had lots of fun playing Yu-Gi-Oh, making a HUGE tent in the playroom, and watching Star Wars until late!!  :)
Cousins are so much fun to have and play with!
Aaron was bending over to be closer to Liam's head here.  Aaron really enjoyed playing with Liam!!  He considers him one of his best friends.  :)
I hardly ever get a picture of my mom and dad together, so I was happy to get one on one of the Sundays that I was there!  :)  I love both of them so very much!  I am thankful for all they have taught me over the years and I am especially thankful that they raised me in a Christ centered home.
Katelynn really took to both Grandma and Grandpa quite well!  She had lots of snuggles with them on this trip! :)
Here is Weston showing Auntie M the new phone that he had just gotten for his birthday!  Auntie M is such a good aunt!  She always has time for her nieces and nephews and is so kind to all of them!  That is why we all adore her so much!  (Including me!  She is the best sister in the entire world!!!!)
We miss sweet little Claire!  She is full of spunk and pizzazz, but we love her all the more because that is who she is!!!  She and Amber had soooo much fun playing together.
Here are Brian and Aaron creating their cool master hats one Sunday afternoon.  My kids love to make fun things with paper.  And I love that they are so creative and happy to make things up!
More snuggles with Grandma!  We sure do miss her!!
Melissa was such a trooper!  Hanging in there all of those days that she went over!  I was really hoping that she would have Camille on the second week that I was over at G&G Whitley's house, but that little cutie had other plans!!  :)  At least I got to be there when she was born and give her a few cuddles before it was time for us to head back home.
Evan and Grandpa playing in the playroom!  :)
And lastly Amber and Claire hiding behind Uncle Awesome's back while he was trying to take a nap on a Sunday afternoon!  I am always so thankful that we are able to make the trip to Texas to see our family!  We had a fun time this year, just like we do every year! :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We are glad u could make it! U do have a jam packed summer;). P & L both loved playing with ur boys:). That is such a sweet pic of Aaron and L!

Debi said...

Come back....come back....I am missing all of my Kentucky grandkids. :) We have been so lucky that you have been able to come home for several weeks every summer ever since you moved away. :)