background

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Spray Park Fun in Texas


While we were at G&G Whitley's house, we went to the spray park close by several times!  The kids thought that it was a lot of fun!  :)  It was more crowded in the evenings than it was during the day, but both times were fun.  These pictures were taken with my phone, so they are not always the best quality, but I want to make sure I have them in my journal.
I always grew up with the trains close by and, even now, I still love it when I lay in my bed, late at night, and can hear the sound of the train whistles blowing in the distance.  It reminds me of home.  :)  To my children, the trains passing by are a novelty.  They love them!  Evan especially.  So, on one of the first evenings that we were there and a train passed by, the kids all stopped to watch the train go by.  It was such a sweet picture of Grandma and the kids sitting and watching the trains that I just HAD to have a picture.
That night, after watching the trains and playing at the spray park, we headed over to the real park.  All the children had lots of fun playing on the playground.  The playground had lots of neat climbing things for my monkey-like children!  :)  They loved climbing!!
It was getting dark here and the picture wasn't as clear as I would have liked, but I love this one of 3 of the 4 of my boys at the very top of the climbing gym.  I feel so lucky and thankful that my children are all such good friends with each other.
My girls have some good strong wills and lots of determination.  I could see this for sure that night as Amber spent the entire time on the playground working hard to be able to cross this straight bar.  She tried and failed quite a few times before she was finally able to cross all the way across without falling!  I love seeing the different personality traits of my children come out as they grow and develop into the people they will become!  :)  Having a strong will is certainly a good thing in these last hard days on Earth.  Channeled in a good direction, I'm sure that it will help my children as they go through their teenage and adult years.
Another afternoon, we went to the spray park with all of our Whitley cousins!  The cousins all had a great time having a picnic and then playing together!  The day was warm but not too hot and there was a delightful breeze!
They ran and splashed and shot water at each other!


My little buddy, Evan, kept coming over to say hello to Auntie M and I on a bench.  I am going to miss this little guy here in a few months when he goes to preschool 3 days a week.
Auntie M and her twin Katelynn!!  :) I will post those comparison pictures later, but even here, I think they look kind of similar!
Heather and Amanda stayed up in the cool shade and chatted.  It was a fun afternoon with family.  I am so thankful to Amanda, Heather and Melissa for coming to see us as much as they did during our visit!  I know my kids had so much fun playing with their cousins!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The water spraying on us felt especially good as we sat on the bench! :) It sure was fun that day, and it was nice that it wasn't overly crowded while we were there, too. :)

Debi said...

These were some great close-up pictures! I love you!