background

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 2016

We had a warmer than usual winter in 2016.  That meant that we had several days that were good for playing outside.
Evan still tired very easily, so that meant more snuggles for me!  I didn't mind at all!  I sure do love this sweet boy!
Our driveway is always a little bit on the chaotic side when everyone is outside.  The kids love to draw roads and stop signs to drive around on out there.
Evan was my first kid ever in all of my kiddos to want to do a crazy hair day at school.  His hair is so fine that he was all but fallen down by the time he stepped out of the car to go into school though!
One thing that Brian loves doing is Speech and Debate with the middle school team.  He did Extemporaneous speaking for one of his events.  Here he is doing the research prep in the library before competing.
He placed at regionals and so went on to state, but didn't end up placing there.
We finally got one decent snow!  Hooray!  The kids were excited. It snowed pretty good and then warmed up fairly quickly which made it perfect for building snowmen outside.
It was the perfect packing snow.  Here is Amber getting started on her snowman.
Those bigger boys.......all they wanted to do was to launch snowballs at me!!
Aaron and Amber working on the snowman that they built together!
One cute little snow girl!  She had a lot of fun out there too!  It wasn't too cold which made it perfect for her.
Didn't they do a great job on their snowman?
Swinging on the swingset is still fun even if there is snow on it!
The snowman was almost as tall as our little KatieLynn!
Nom Nom!!  She likes to eat the snow just like her siblings!!
Then Amber and Evan built other snowmen in the back by the garden!
Evan was hiding behind the snowman to try to keep from getting hit in the snowball fight that was going on between the boys!
Evan was hiding and Amber was building a snow bunny!
I thought that she did an exceptional job on that little snow bunny!
Adorable!
One of the days that I was working on building the trundle bed for Katelynn, I found her hiding in the rocking camp chair that Barth got for valentine's day and snarfing down a box of raisins!!  She sure does love her raisins!
"I'm so cute Mommy!  Take a picture of me!"
Katelynn sure us a sweetheart!
Trying out her new trundle bed!  She loved it!
Such a big girl!
February is always the blue and gold banquet for cub scouts.  I found out just hours before that we were supposed to take a cake of some sort for a contest.  So I went and got the stuff to make some Minion cupcakes.  I thought that they turned out pretty darn cute!
The Pine Wood Derby is always the first week in March, so Aaron and I got to work on his car!  Here he is sanding it all up!
There was a stake Activity Day Girls's Daddy/Daughter hoe down!  Barth and Amber had fun dressing up and going!
One day Evan and I went out to spend some money that he had left over from what people gave him after his surgery.  He wanted a Lego set, so we got it at Meijer and then he got to ride the penny horse afterwards.
We ended our date together with a concrete mixer at Culvers!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That snow bunny was amazing! And what a great experience for Brian to be on debate team!