background

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Weston in the snow

Alright, well, here is Weston in the snow. This morning I went to go get our new car insurance and it was starting to sleet. I decided that the sidewalks and roads were slick enough that I didn't want to have to drive in it this afternoon when it was time to get Weston and so I went and picked him up early from school. He was very excited to play in the snow!! The sleet is supposed to taper off and then we are suppoesd to get freezing rain. It is only about 26 outside. We had lots of fun playing in the snow with Weston and then came in and enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate. We will go and play a little more later on!!

Can you tell he is excited about the snow?


Weston's snow angel.
Better watch out Mommy!!

Brian's snow angel.

 Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Debi said...

That was a special treat for Weston to get out of school early to play in the snow! He will probably always remember it....well, at least for a long time. I love the close-up pictures taken outside. Everything is so bright and clear. Is it still snowing now? Freezing rain is fun if you don't have to drive in it!

Kristie said...

No, it has stopped snowing and the rain in kind of melting the snow!! Weston has had lots of fun though.

Annette said...

Does it snow very often in North Carolina? Good thing you have winter coats, or did you have to buy them when you moved? Kate and Jared pretend that they are playing in the snow; they lay on a white blanket and make pretend snow angels. Truthfully, that is my kind of snow.

Kristie said...

No it doesn't snow here very often. They say that it snows about every other year here. It is now raining and most of the snow that we got is melting!! Too bad, but at least the boys got to enjoy it for a while!! All the water is supposed to ice tonight!

Amanda said...

I am glad to see that Weston got to play in the snow too:) What a fun mom you are to pick him up early:) That looks like a lot of Snow!!! (Of course from a TX point of view:)

Amanda said...

Tell Annette I tried to comment on her blog but it is restricted to team members. That's okay if she doesn't want to open it up to everyone...I just wanted to let her know!

Shelly's Space said...

Hooray!! You finally got snow too!! I was going to ask how often they get snow there, but Annette beat me to it. Good for you for picking Weston up early.....that way he got a chance to play before it started raining.
It looks like you had alot of fun!

Debi said...

Amanda, did you see those pictures of Annette's kids on the rock climbing thing??? That was so neat. I could just see Pierce up there. Do you think he would like it?

Amanda said...

I saw the pic's of the rock climbing! I think Pierce woulds like it....but I think it would take a while before he was comfortable and understanding that the rope would catch him....

Annette said...

If you wish to post a comment on my blog you are welcome to, I have opened it up to anyone.