On Mother's Day I wanted to publicly thank my mom for all of the wonderful things that she does for me. She is my best friend and I talk to her all the time. I am so glad that unlimited long distance was invented!!!! :) Here are a few things that I love about my momma:
*She encourages me to be the best that I can be at all times
*She is always willing to give me advice on the things that I need
*She is an awesome grandma too!
*She helps me with the things that I need- like coming a thousand miles to help me unpack my house......I KNOW that it wouldn't have gotten done otherwise!! :)
*She has a wonderful knowledge of the gospel and has taught me well.
*She is caring and generous and ALWAYS willing to help others.
*She is always smiling and is a naturally happy person.
*She is always honest.
*She is hardworking and tries to do the best in everything she does.
*She is just a great person all the way around.....I am NOT prejudice!!!
Now, also in honors of Mother's Day, I would like so share a few of my favorite memories of my mom. I think that the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of my momma, is not one thing in particular, but many nights of the same thing. As I got to be a teenager (and still now when I come to visit) she and I would go out shopping together. We always had such a fun time. We would be out sometimes until 2 in the morning, shopping at Wal-Mart and having fun just browsing around. We could look at everything under the sun and have a marvelous time. Another thing that I love is how she always helped me. In high school I was SO busy. During those busy times, she would take time every night to sit and brush and dry my hair as I did my homework or read my required reading. It was extra things like that and ironing all of my shirts that just show what a wonderful person she is!! I think that one of the best things that I learned from my mom was seen by her weekly visiting of those in need at the nursing home. Sometimes I would go too, but she always seemed to have someone to visit every Sunday. She taught me by her example that life isn't just about you and your family, it is about others. It is helping and serving those in need and going the extra mile to make someone else feel loved and cared for. Hopefully one day I will be as good and loving as she is!!
I love you Momma!!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!! Have a fun week camping this week!!!!!
3 comments:
You are ALREADY a good and loving mother to your family!! You and Barth have given me some of the choicest grandchildren in the world. You are doing a wonderful job with them. You are so patient and kind. Thank you for the wonderful tribute you gave me. Everyone knows it is rather inflated because you love me so much, but it was nice to hear you say those things anyway. :) However, you weren't supposed to reveal our secret late night shopping trips to everyone... they will think I was a bad mother...we only stayed out that late ONE time! I've done a few good things as a mother and made a lot of mistakes, but overall I think motherhood is the best career I could have ever had. I have NO regrets about putting all of my energy into raising my children. Of course, I had the best kids in the world to mother! Thank you for being my best friend and a most lovely daughter. Thank you for all of your help over the years with everything, especially when I needed you most when Aaron was so sick. You have made my life much more joyful and happy.
I agree, Kristie! You have a wonderful mother!
What a great tribute to a great Mom!
Post a Comment